SV dmg in BGs

Over the past few years, I’ve found that SV is generally better (for me) in arenas and MM is better in BGs. I’m not doing arenas this season but I really enjoy SV, so I’ve been playing it in BGs as well and having a lot of fun. But my damage is usually avg 40K below the MM hunters which is not particularly surprising to me.
Is there a way to get better DPS parity with the MMs on SV in BGs, or is this just the way of things?

Damage tells a pretty poor story in bgs if your goal is to win. Rogues can have far more an impact on a game’s outcome by stealth capping, harassing flag carriers before they get to the flag, things like that. SV has more ability to do rogue-like things than MM as you have very high mobility, and tools to help control the game.

To catch up with MM damage would mean jumping into melee with all the cleave going on and it’s not going to be the most impactful place on the map you could be.

Try to learn enjoying running down classes that can’t easily be run down, stalling, using tools to slow half a teamp, ninja capping, holding a base off of multiple defenders. These are all types of things SV can do it it feels great. It just doesn’t show up in that first column of the scoreboard.

Those are great points. I am playing the objective and benefiting from the SV kit which is probably why I’m having fun. I probably shouldn’t be paying attention to the damage numbers.