Resources Required: Level 1/5
- Revive Pet cast time reduced to 3 seconds, down from 4, but it now revives one’s pet at only 60% HP.
Mastery: Spirit Bond buffed from ~21 points required per % increase decreased to 18.
- By putting Mastery about even with Haste and Crit in its overall throughput benefit per stat point, as it affects only 54-59% of our damage, but then at about that portion of the cost of Haste, this is a notable buff to Serpent, Raptor, Mongoose, Butchery, Chakrams, Crows, and, to a lesser extent, Carve.)
- Flanking Strike reduced to 20 Focus regeneration on a 20-second cooldown. Despite this 33% reduction to its cooldown, its damage has only been decreased from 169% of Attack Power to 125%, up from a would-be 113%, to compensate for not being affected by the buffed Mastery.
Resources Required: Level 2/5
- New Survival passive, Take Every Advantage, added at level 10. This increases melee range by 2 yards (to 7 total), when wielding a staff or polearm.
- Kill Shot no longer requires a melee weapon for Survival. It merely requires that one have a weapon (and is not disarmed).
- Wing Clip now starts at a 20 Focus cost, thus decreasing to 10 at Rank 2, but its duration has been reduced to 10 seconds, down from 15.
- Terms of Engagement instead deals its damage instantly and refunds half of one’s Focus spent within the next 10 seconds to a maximum of 20 Focus refunded. (This should increase its ability to benefit from chain kills and reduce waste.)
- Chakram potency increased from 40 to 42.5% of Attack Power. (This is sufficient to sim evenly with competing options, though it will still likely underperform slightly in practice.)
- Birds of Prey is now also affected by Carve and Butchery.
- Mongoose Fury now increases Mongoose Bite damage by 25%, up from 15%, but stacks only 3 times. Duration reduced from 14 to 10 seconds to compensate.
- Steel Trap now take 400% more damage to break NPCs out of. Unchanged in PvP.
Kill Command replaced by a new baseline Harrying Strike:
The closer or more able of you or your pet strike the target for (60% of Attack Power) physical damage, generating 15 Focus.
Survival (Level 28)
Harrying Strike a 25% chance to immediately reset its cooldown.
Resources Required: Level 3/5
- Kill Shot’s cooldown now scales with Haste.
- Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Carve, and Butchery now cost 20-40 Focus, based on available Focus (spending 40 if at 60 or more available Focus, 30 at 40 available Focus, etc.), dealing more damage with Focus spent.
- Serpent Sting now costs 10-20 Focus based on available Focus (spending 20 if 40 or more is available), increasing in duration with Focus consumed (to a minimum of 8 and maximum of 16 seconds).
Harrying Strike (formerly Kill Command) and Flanking Strike generate 10-20 and 15-30 Focus, respectively, based on missing Focus. The more Focus they generate, the less damage the skills themselves do.
- Together, these allow for less overcapping or bottoming out of Focus and more control by which to get the most value out of high-potency-per-GCD skills while spending the least resources on low-potency-per-GCD skills.
- See A Simple but Potentially Effective Idea for Survival - Classes / Hunter - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)
Resources Required: Level 4/5
- Disengage revised to be more responsive, scale with movement speed, and better climb over low obstacles.
Raptor Strike now reduces the cooldown of Carve and Butchery by 1.5 seconds.
- This is both buffs AoE generally and makes NTA a bit more applicable to AoE (alongside BoP being affected by Carve/Butchery).
- Latent Poison Injector stacks can now be consumed by Carve and Butchery.
- Rylak’s Confounding Strikes now also triggers from Carve and Butchery.
- Wildfire Cluster now deals 25% AP AoE damage + 10% AP split damage, reducing its maximal AoE performance when striking more than 3 targets, but increasing its single target performance by ~14%.
Resources Required: Level 5/5
Mastery: Spirit Bond replaced with Mastery: Coordination. Coordination causes a portion of your damage dealt to a target to be duplicated and stored, to be dealt by an attack of any other type (Ranged, Pet, or Melee). Kill Shot uniquely instantly consumes its own Coordination.
- % value per stat point reverted and further slowed to 34 points (up from 24) required per % increase as this now affects 100% of Survival’s damage.
- Notably, this allows for considerable feeling of setup and payoff, such as a chain of Kill Command casts (“Pet”) leaving a portion of their total damage in Coordination which can then be consumed by a Raptor Strike (“Melee”), or a Serpent Sting spread and Wildfire (both “Ranged”) then making for a finally meaty Carve hit (“Melee”).