SUSpensions for those who misbehave

Shout to to the people in charge of suspensions. I’ve seen a rise in the suspensions being pushed out for stuff like language, and I was also a recipient of such punishments. I’m not going to lie, I’ve been having a rough past couple weeks and been lashing out at the community and its members. I don’t know why, I’ve regressed to a late 2000s CoD lobby player and it was well deserved. A wake up call. 6 days left on my 10 day suspension and it’s definitely a deterrent to not act a fool again. consider lesson learned blizz, GG.

11 Likes

There’s an even simpler thing to do that takes far fewer clicks than your suggestion that would make this a non-issue.

Simply follow the rules you agreed to in order to play. :slight_smile:

13 Likes
20 Likes

So you also admit to breaking the rules and getting caught. Good of you to admit it as the OP did with maturity and grace (sincerely). They didn’t complain about their account actions and actually took responsibility for it them.

Seems like you two are actually opposites to be honest. You feel it’s someone else’s fault for your own actions and feel that they’re responsible for your, how did you put it… “nancy” action.

Nobody was “power tripping” except you, thinking you were above the rules.

17 Likes

my guy, I felt like nothing was going to happen to me, that I could say anything and was invincible. I was straight up rude, childish, and downright stupid. I got away with so much stuff before I received a punishment and if you don’t think they gave you 20 chances to stop acting like a buffoon, just wow. Looking back I should have been banned like 4 days prior. Blizz definitely didn’t act swiftly on it which goes to show they understand people have some bad days but at some point, they have to draw the line. Where is yours?

17 Likes

Except that the proper way to handle inappropriate language is to report it, not hide it. By the way, all the mature language filter does is make the inappropriate language more noticeable. It makes it easier to report. Filtered language is just as reportable as the actual inappropriate language.

The in-game mature language filter wouldn’t filter the homophobic slur you used here.

12 Likes

Very well said, my friend.

6 Likes

Because it hasn’t been mentioned yet, kudos to the OP for acknowledging the error of their ways and accepting their penalty. They admit their mistakes and own it. That is worthy of a tip of the cap. Hopefully you are able to avoid any further penalties. We as a community would appreciate that greatly. If you see toxic behavior in the future, simply right-click and report. Do not engage.

Acidfang, I don’t think you should get too attached to your account. Don’t be a jerk, it’s really that simple. You can think whatever you want, say whatever you want out loud to yourself. I promise I’ve done that more times than I can possibly count over the years, each and every one worthy of an account action, but because I kept it to myself, have earned not a single one. As soon as your fingers type it out, and you press enter, and subject others to your toxicity, you subject yourself to a well-deserved account action

8 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

I apologize for my behavior, and I am sorry for the
many things I’ve said while playing with my fellow
teammates.

Sometimes when we pvp we get carried away and let
our emotions get the best of us, and we say things
we don’t really mean.

Video gaming is an escape from our life and the harsh
reality that most of us face.
You’ve created a world that has given us joy even when most of us suffer and don’t have a release to make ourselves feel better, but when we play this game we forget about the little things in our lives and feel a thrill that makes us forget about things for a moment even if that moment is just a minute or two.

Please don’t suspend us and let my fellow players escape a reality that puts laws and governs everything we do. Freedom of speech is something that a lot of other video games share.

This is one of the most popular if not the biggest game in the world, please let us release our anger and get lost in this world you’ve created.

Yours truly…

A subscriber who’s suffered the same punishment…

Does not exist outside of the Government. This isn’t something Blizzard is going to change. In fact, as you have noticed, Blizzard is taking a lot more stern approach as the previous penalties didn’t work.

A lot also don’t.

But if you must, go play those games then…

Do it in your own bedroom or where ever you play.

14 Likes

Its up to you as a subscriber to follow the rules.

If your bank says you have $10 but you need $1000, do you not get punished if you scream at them, call them names, etc?

4 Likes

Freedom of Speech means the government can’t limit what you say. It doesn’t apply in the game. In the game Blizzard can restrict what you say. Blizzard’s sandbox, Blizzard’s rules. You only have the rights Blizzard says you have.

Most games are now pushing chat rules because Freedom of Speech drives players away. It does not make the game inclusive. It promotes misogyny and racism and bigotry. If a company wants their game to be successful they need to restrict the language used by players.

When your emotions get the best of you, it’s not necessary to type them into the game. Say them out loud. My guildmates didn’t know I used any colourful language until I did PvP while in Vent.

Yours truly…

A subscriber since Vanilla who knows not to use colourful language in chat…

18 Likes

My own people are against me even though I’m trying to stand up for one of my own.

I’ve failed, the community doesn’t stand with me, my words mean nothing.

I’ve been reported by the same people I fight for, the players agree with the 10 day suspension. Idk why…

Because I and others like me do not want to see that trash in game, no matter the reason. You speak for no one but yourself, just like I can only speak for myself.

Your fellow players reported you and these other people who are or have been sanctioned. People want to play the game and enjoy themselves. Being vulgar and toxic might be fun for you, but most people don’t want to see it - not to even mention the fact that you agreed not to be vulgar or toxic. You broke the rules, you pay the price.

17 Likes

I apologize brother. If it was you going through this 10 day suspension Id be fighting for you. I hope you agree we’re on the same team.

You can appeal until you are told no more will be entertained. That is the only route to go. Posting here won’t change things.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but no I wouldn’t. If I got suspended for breaking the rules, that is my fault for doing so and I would accept my deserved punishment. You and the others here who are or have been sanctioned? There is nothing to stand for. The sanction was justly reported and justly earned. That’s it.

Follow the rules, there is nothing to report and no one will be sanctioned.

14 Likes

I’m sorry, Rayiden - but if your idea of ‘fun’ has to include racist and homophobic slurs with copious amounts of profanity on the side, this game likely isn’t for you.

Penalties stack. another will be longer than 10 days - and so on should this pattern continue.

34 Likes

The person who posted this message is a stranger, not just to you but to me also. But if we don’t stand together, we will always lose. We’re on the same team, because we pay the same subscription and we play in the same raids,bgs… stand with us. Or watch us suffer… stand with us brother…

Pretty much this. I’m kinda glad Blizzard has stepped up against players that cannot seem to stop running their mouths.

edit, well there is is… The truth will set you free.

15 Likes