Suspension twice?

So i got caught in the first 30 day AV ban wave and thought that i should just wait till they started unbanning ppl. Now they have sent a 2nd suspended on 7 days and i know others got unbanned at the same time. I am afraid that i just ended up in another automated wave of bans even thoe i was already out of the game and not been able to play for 36H. Will someone still review the appeals that have been made or what is going on and incase someone might view it what is the wait time on tickets heard of ppl that got someone looking at them 12H ago when they sent in the appeal after i did?.

This will explain it hopefully. Honestly they wont unban without a apeal.

5 Likes

If you have an appeal in, leave it open. If you were not unbanned with the wave last night, then your case didn’t have the definitive markers that they did in the false flagging.

Note that this part is pure conjecture - but I wonder if maybe your sentence was lightened from the original 30 days to 7, assuming this was a first offense since the Dev noted that they were going to adjust some people’s sanctions. If you have not yet submitted an appeal, by all means please do, just be aware ticket times are a little crazy right now.

5 Likes

When i try to log into the game it still says the original one of 28 days left. Also feels weird to give me a 7 days when i already had 1½ day ban. I put in an appeal like 36H ago and no news from them.

Tickets are averaging closer to 6 there trying to get thru as many as possible but it still takes time investigating.

2 Likes

exactly the same issue with me. and i play on EU, my ticket wait time tells me 16 days, yay…

clarification: after the first wave i appealed directly.

Still got hit with this 7 day ban for the same reason, whilst being banned.

I wonder if maybe your sentence was lightened from the original 30 days to 7

Nope nothing changed.

The question i have here is:

Is this an issue with an automated system?
And if not, then how can one and the same be sanctioned twice by humans (wrongly), and has this any influence on my account in general ? (like in number of sanctions etc.)

It does seem odd that real humans were tricked by what must have been obviously incorrect data.

Obviously, not obvious until after the fact.

Humans after all, do make errors all the time.

2 Likes

I have just added a extra comment to my appeal hopefully someone will see it. Said avg 24h when sent in but i start to lose hope.

Unless the bug was that it was not logging any damage at all I’m confused as to what the explanation for a computer data bug tricking real humans could be that would not be immediately obvious to a real human.

As an example, in a captcha I know which pictures contain photos of a motorcycle, but a bot might have trouble interpreting that.

Anyway…

so serious question, can i hope to get an answher here what happened with issue of getting another ban email (7 days) after the original (31days)?
Im usually not around the CS forums, since im usually not having issues that require support.

Or, the data criteria could have changed internally. I am going to make this COMPLETELY up, just for an example.

Let us say the criteria is 70% of the time away from the group with a minimum of 20 games played. Boom accounts flagged and action taken.

Then 3 days later, the powers that be that determine this criteria change the criteria to 75% of the time over 30 games is what should warrant 30 days. The previous should warrant 7, and anything less than that will get automatically overturned.

Still real data, still the same data. The criteria was just changed on the backend and adjusted retroactively.

Not saying that is what happened here, just what came to immediate mind when I read your post.

4 Likes

We recently discovered a bug in our analytics data that called into question some of these suspensions, and in those cases we will reverse the suspension. Some others were so egregious that we’re still confident in the lack of participation, and those actions will remain in effect, though some will have reduced penalty duration if it was a first-offense.

5 Likes

I hate to be that person, BUT…

Possibly yes, possibly no. Our SFA’s here are pretty good at what they do. However even they need sleep and have other things they need to accomplish. It is absolutely quite possible one might pop in and shed some light. Just not guaranteed.

1 Like

thanks for sharing your insights, Mastadon.

I dont demand or expect to get a quick answer, i mean the issue i have at hand seems to be pretty complex, otherwise it would not be one. Im totally fine waiting till it got figured out what happened, i just hope that i will somehow get an answer sometimes.

Main problem is playing on EU, the last service response via ticket i got there was… well i dont actually know, since even tho it was written in german, which is my mothertongue, not understandable to me.
So i rely on US forums to get myself information.

Once again, my main confusion is now wether i can expect to get unbanned in 7 days (if my appeal is not accepted), or expect to get unbanned in october, since currently i have the emails that i am schrödingers banned cat.

update: i just got another email from blizzard, freeing me from my anxiety of not knowing whats gonna happen. The 7 day ban is indeed a reduction, and overwrites the 31day one.

The mail also states that there can still be the issue of the battlenet launcher not showing it correctly.

thanx blizzard for the fast clarification.

Besides me sometime being cranky i actually really appreciate the support in general, since compared to other supports like RL tech support of big companies, its faster and more competent by an unbelievable far margin.

9 Likes

Heck yeah! Congratulations on getting that answer. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

2 Likes

it’s a shame. but you know what i did to the jerk from isles of conquest? the jerk started yelling at my alt. i suddenly put that brat on ignore for offensive behavior. that is no way to treat a player. so i put a report abuse ticket. its sad. i left the bg and start a new one without the idiot.

One of the biggest problems with this is that i am still 100% sure that i just played AV how its suppose to be played. Levling my mage and gotten reported NEVER had the afk debuff or being kicked from a game. Also got banned the 5th 19:03 EU time and get told the ban is a 7 days ban and can play again the 14th. 5+7= ??? Something went wrong in this math and i don’t get how that can even happen i got an automated answer on my ticket seen ppl get the exact same one and just disappointed 36H to have another robot do my case. So guess i have to wait another 36H or something for my next answer since i don’t think its good enough to just give a case like this to the same robot that messed up to begin with.

Make sure it is a 7 days and not 10 days like they gave me + ask them to change it when you try to log in mine still says 28 days left.