Suspension twice?

Obviously, not obvious until after the fact.

Humans after all, do make errors all the time.

2 Likes

I have just added a extra comment to my appeal hopefully someone will see it. Said avg 24h when sent in but i start to lose hope.

Unless the bug was that it was not logging any damage at all I’m confused as to what the explanation for a computer data bug tricking real humans could be that would not be immediately obvious to a real human.

As an example, in a captcha I know which pictures contain photos of a motorcycle, but a bot might have trouble interpreting that.

Anyway…

so serious question, can i hope to get an answher here what happened with issue of getting another ban email (7 days) after the original (31days)?
Im usually not around the CS forums, since im usually not having issues that require support.

Or, the data criteria could have changed internally. I am going to make this COMPLETELY up, just for an example.

Let us say the criteria is 70% of the time away from the group with a minimum of 20 games played. Boom accounts flagged and action taken.

Then 3 days later, the powers that be that determine this criteria change the criteria to 75% of the time over 30 games is what should warrant 30 days. The previous should warrant 7, and anything less than that will get automatically overturned.

Still real data, still the same data. The criteria was just changed on the backend and adjusted retroactively.

Not saying that is what happened here, just what came to immediate mind when I read your post.

4 Likes

We recently discovered a bug in our analytics data that called into question some of these suspensions, and in those cases we will reverse the suspension. Some others were so egregious that we’re still confident in the lack of participation, and those actions will remain in effect, though some will have reduced penalty duration if it was a first-offense.

5 Likes

I hate to be that person, BUT…

Possibly yes, possibly no. Our SFA’s here are pretty good at what they do. However even they need sleep and have other things they need to accomplish. It is absolutely quite possible one might pop in and shed some light. Just not guaranteed.

1 Like

thanks for sharing your insights, Mastadon.

I dont demand or expect to get a quick answer, i mean the issue i have at hand seems to be pretty complex, otherwise it would not be one. Im totally fine waiting till it got figured out what happened, i just hope that i will somehow get an answer sometimes.

Main problem is playing on EU, the last service response via ticket i got there was… well i dont actually know, since even tho it was written in german, which is my mothertongue, not understandable to me.
So i rely on US forums to get myself information.

Once again, my main confusion is now wether i can expect to get unbanned in 7 days (if my appeal is not accepted), or expect to get unbanned in october, since currently i have the emails that i am schrödingers banned cat.

update: i just got another email from blizzard, freeing me from my anxiety of not knowing whats gonna happen. The 7 day ban is indeed a reduction, and overwrites the 31day one.

The mail also states that there can still be the issue of the battlenet launcher not showing it correctly.

thanx blizzard for the fast clarification.

Besides me sometime being cranky i actually really appreciate the support in general, since compared to other supports like RL tech support of big companies, its faster and more competent by an unbelievable far margin.

9 Likes

Heck yeah! Congratulations on getting that answer. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

2 Likes

it’s a shame. but you know what i did to the jerk from isles of conquest? the jerk started yelling at my alt. i suddenly put that brat on ignore for offensive behavior. that is no way to treat a player. so i put a report abuse ticket. its sad. i left the bg and start a new one without the idiot.

One of the biggest problems with this is that i am still 100% sure that i just played AV how its suppose to be played. Levling my mage and gotten reported NEVER had the afk debuff or being kicked from a game. Also got banned the 5th 19:03 EU time and get told the ban is a 7 days ban and can play again the 14th. 5+7= ??? Something went wrong in this math and i don’t get how that can even happen i got an automated answer on my ticket seen ppl get the exact same one and just disappointed 36H to have another robot do my case. So guess i have to wait another 36H or something for my next answer since i don’t think its good enough to just give a case like this to the same robot that messed up to begin with.

Make sure it is a 7 days and not 10 days like they gave me + ask them to change it when you try to log in mine still says 28 days left.

Just because certain objectives/quests are available does not mean you are participating with your team. There are many objectives that will not only take you away from the group’s strategy, it can actively hurt what they are doing.

Stay with the team and work with them to win. If you must employ a different strategy, communicating what you are doing can be effective. It’s a team objective.

Also, these suspensions are not determined because of 1 or 2 matches where your strategy may have differed from the group’s. They look at many matches and many trends.

That’s not to say you personally did anything wrong. That’s what the appeals process is for. But if you are still suspended after appeal, then that is your answer. You can continue appealing until they say the decision is final.

If you want to discuss better strategies or suggest changes, then you’ll want to head over to the PvP Forum.

1 Like

Problem is that i did the strategy EVERYONE do. Kill first boss get the towers make sure they don’t get recapped and go south kill last boss = win. This is the way its been played for many years and i never been as said ALONE always a few around me while playing. Only times i been alone if i been sent to GY then i join the others that got sent and just try to slow the other team down as much as possible.

I suspect the 7 days is from the date it was re-issued (7th) as a shorter suspension. So 7 (today in the US) + 7 = the 14th.

The launcher, as Hunt was told, sometimes reflects the wrong data. It also shows Sub/game time duration wrong at times too. Don’t worry about that part. CS can’t make the launcher update.

1 Like

Yaa i know CS can’t change that one i just made an appeal for that as well cause at this point i do not trust the systems even in the email i was told should be available that is not good enough. What if i get to the day and i am not able i have to wait 2 days more for my ticket to get answered. And losing my good standing on my account for something i am still 100% sure i didn’t do annoys me been a good girl playing for blizzard since WoD top end wow Alpha/Beta/PTR testing a lot submitting bugs and over all just tried to help with good feedback as possible always bought the BIG packs of new games and been a loyal follower. Getting that destroyed by wanting to level my 62 mage and having other players report me cause they are mad that i don’t do the same dmg like others. And again NEVER gotten that afk debuff thing that they keep talking about not been kicked from a single AV or gotten any warning so getting banned makes no sense.

I wish there was a way to prove to you and everyone else that these things are not automated. You received a templated response, sent by a live person. If they’re having to repeat themselves dozens of times (or more) over, it is more timely to have a templated response rather than having to type up each individual one.

And too, just so that you know? You are absolutely allowed to appeal more than once. You can appeal as many times as you’d like, up until you’re warned that no more will be accepted and anything further will open yourself up to further sanction. The turn around time sucks right now, no one is saying that it doesn’t. If you truly did nothing wrong, keep at it. If your account does get overturned, then you can ask for your game time lost to be credited back to your account.

Like was pointed out in the Dev post - there is absolutely nothing automated about the process. The mistake came from a bug that produced faulty data. The analysts who use that data didn’t know it was flawed during their investigation, they only have those reports in front of them and trusted the data that was provided to them for their investigations. So while there was a bug warping the data produced, everything else was done by a live human analyst. Then a live human flagged the account to be sanctioned when the wave went out.

Just like now, every time you appeal, it is a new human who is looking over the data to ensure that the account actions truly do merit your sanction - a fresh pair of eyes. Humans are not perfect. That is why the appeals system is in place to ensure that everyone gets their fair shake - no matter how good or bad they are, or how much money and time is spent on their product. Everyone is treated the same.

5 Likes

Some responses are in fact automated. The word “automated” will actually be in the response to let you know. If the word “automated” isn’t there, then yes it’s a templated non-automated response.

But again, automated responses do exist, though I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone cite one done via an appeal (and I doubt such a thing happens, otherwise that’d be a terrible look).

Yes, when response times are high especially, they will make use of automated responses in that regard. But in this particular case (and in the whole of the investigation and appeals process), there is no automation, which is what most of those affected are leaning so heavily on.

1 Like