Survival Shroud

I might not be the first to ask, but I am going to throw it out there: Can we get a shroud talent for survival? Let me argue why.

The primary reason I humbly make this request is that survival has virtually nothing to make it stand out from its two range counterparts, especially in M+ - hold up! Before anyone dares to point at the current tier, understand that survival hunters are only taken because their aoe damage is beyond broken right now. That is not a good place to be in for a spec. In the next tier, their damage will most likely drop a lot, and they will be competing with BM and Marksmen that both bring the exact same utility, plus both of them can also aoe silence with a talent too. This leads me to believe survival could use an extra little something in the utility department.

Why shroud though? That’s because right now only one class in the game can currently perform that sort of mechanic, yet so many seasons of M+ have had teams that see it necessary to include that spell in their gameplan. Some of the affixes for each season have purposely added a way to mimic shroud to try to skirt around the problem, reinforcing the previous point. What I see is a chance for a spec with no utility to help give players an option outside of rogue to do an important mechanic, but by limiting it to only one spec, it doesn’t make rogues feel “replaced” either (even though they have many more useful tools outside of that). Furthermore, it will allow developers more room to design affixes as they see fit, not being as constrained by the issue of stealth. I’d go so far as to argue that another spec like Arcane ought to have it too, but that is a discussion for another time.

Last reason for why they ought to get this skill is that survival can afford more nodes in its dragonflight tree. Plain and simple, they have the room, and it will give the designers the ability to cut another node down to one point, making the overall experience in the tree better.

2 Likes