Survival Reworked as Tank

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. SV has much less friction in the Hunter tree (only thing it can’t take is Barrage) vs MM, which is mostly barred from all the pet talents (KC, imp KC, imp mend pet, alpha pred/KC)

I’d like Survival to be a tank. It should be easier for Blizzard to change it from melee to tank than it was for them to change it from ranged to melee. But, if Blizzard doesn’t want to make it a tank spec, Survival at least needs to reworked to be better at surviving.

4 Likes

It’s just as good as the rest of the class?

No, it’s not.

Explain how? It has the same exact defensives as BM and MM, it gets more use from Leech than BM and MM has to give up damage for Leech. The only difference is roughly 2% less HP than BM.

1 Like

It’s a melee spec which generally means more than damage taken than range specs. Compared to other melee, Survival is toughest on healers.

Damn sounds like making it melee was a mistake.

6 Likes

Well no, it has more defensives than Enhancement. Enhancement has 8% more HP while reincarn is on cooldown, a 5 minute cooldown on Earth Ele, and then Astral Shift. SV has Turtle, Exhilaration, Fortitude of the Bear, Rejuv Winds, and SotF

Not to mention, I said SV has as good of defensives as the rest of the class. Then you said no it didn’t. Then I listed how it does. Then you entirely switched gears.

Still, Survival is toughest on healers.

You misunderstood. To clarify, my point is that Survival is not good at surviving than the rest of class because it’s melee. Being melee and called Survival, it should have better survival abilities than MM and BM

1 Like

How is it tougher than Enhance?

I don’t know if I misunderstood, maybe we both did since you weren’t super clear with your initial statement.

Silly argument :stuck_out_tongue: Is Outlaw allowed in cities? Does Arms have more…arms than Fury or Prot? Is Balance perfectly balanced?

I agree though, better utility too.

Enhance has better self healing and can heal others which is better than what Survival can do

1 Like

It’s starting to seem like that.

Well no, they have to sacrifice DPS to heal and SV can easily flex into a massive 10% free leech

and this is better than BM/MM too…your point?

So your point went from SV is the squishiest Hunter, to SV is the squishiest Melee, to SV is what healers like to heal the least…which coincidentally applies to both MM and BM as well. Good talk?

1 Like

Yes. My point is that Survival should be changed into tank, or a least better at surviving.

1 Like

Sure, and MM can go healer. That’d be cool, kind of like the Agent healer from SWTOR.

This too, I’d love if SV had the best defensives in the Hunter class.

2 Likes

I believe that BM would rely too heavily on wonky pet AI. Additionally, Tanks have to be primarily melee for positioning purposes.

2 Likes

I had an idea for that originally, when you talent into the tanking talent you take control of your pet and the hunter just auto shoots. I know it sounds weirdo but it could work similar to guardian druid

1 Like

Not just starting. It was clear it was a mistake the moment it was announced. Some ideas really are bad enough to know beforehand.

2 Likes

Kind of like all the ideas flying around here about reworking it back to range. Should just add a boring munitions spec to satiate all the rose-tinted goggles imo

2 Likes

But 10% from damage is better than actual healing spells that benefit from the Vers stat? Shaman self-healing is probably going to be a lot better than SV leech. Welcome to HybridCraft by the way, and by that way…

Making Hunters a HYBRID CLASS doesn’t sound like a half-bad idea right about now, since Blizzard shows favoritism to pures that aren’t Hunters…

MM and BM could then share in any class-wide utility SV gets that specializes them for the tanking role, plus any handy tanking trinkets. You know? I think that’s all the ammo I need to push for MSV as Tank.

*As Whigs became Republicans in U.S. history, if the RSV thing don’t work out, I must switch to the SV Tank Party.

1 Like