Survival melee?

Will survival stay melee or do you think it may change? I don’t play a ton of retail but I really like survival hunter running around with a buddy chucking bombs and smacking stuff.

1 Like

they’ve already said in prior interviews (from what ive been told) that they don’t intend to return survival to ranged or branch it to a fourth spec, much to the lament of most players
dunno why they outright deleted a spec to add in something that has become abundantly clear not even the playtest team has someone playing

msurv shouldve just been the third dh spec with demon taming tbh
they already have a lore character that uses a polearm weapon, wouldn’t be too hard to adapt

1 Like

Survival must/should be melee because MM and BM already are ranged.
Doens’t make any sense SV being ranged shooting arrows and setting traps just like MM. Just like Dillon said, people are mad about SV being melee because MM has poor design.

6 Likes

This is actually a really good idea. Probably should have been implemented back in Legion, but I think its too late now.

Its staying melee atm bc blizz refuses to admit that they were wrong to change it.

So instead of fixing it and making it ranged again they will just let the spec fester like a wound until it kills the host. The host being hunter players…

7 Likes

Thank you. I understand that hunter players would rather have more options to be a ranged playstyle especially if they worked survival before its fall but survival has been a unpainful melee class for me since enhance shaman always just feels hectic or off lately.

1 Like

SV will be staying melee, though for DF, it seems they will have a few more things available from range.

1 Like

No, not really. The same eagle BS. Thats it. Your not viably going to be mixing us ranged and melee. In fact, weapon dmg is one of your major dmg sources so to leave melee will just kill your dps.

1 Like

They are not wrong.
Whats SV is suposed to do in your perspective? different shots? traps just like MM? this is what i call “wrong”.

What are you even saying?

English please.

1- sustain your point
2- ad hominem

pick one

i will give you the opportunity to tell everyone your point of view about the ideal sv hunter design, tell me what sv hunter should do.

So, ranged… elaborate about it

1 Like

Wrong, ie, turning surv from ranged to melee.
Wrong, ie, not giving it an identity so its the least represented spec for the last decade.
Wrong, ie, as it takes blizz to bring back tier sets and on purpose significantly overtune surv’s set just to get it to be viable.

I really dont need to continue to prove that blizz was “wrong” to change surv to melee.

1 Like

So, current identity is wrong.
which is the real one?

Ranged, what else? elaborate about it.

1 Like

No, i did not say the current identity is wrong. I said the spec doesnt have one. Besides, i said making it melee was wrong. Thats not identity, thats playstyle.

Nice try though.

1 Like

As I thought, it’s just flaming the current model but is literally unable to work out what the correct model should be.

You are not a hunter player.
You don’t know the lore of the hunters.
You don’t understand balancing.

Can’t even substantiate your point, only steric complaints.

1 Like

So bc there is “rexxar” there needs to be a melee spec?

Garbage. Keep flaming.

1 Like

Survival feels more like Rexxar than BM. When playing SV you can feel the bond with your pet.

1 Like

No, the point is that there is only melee surv bc of rexxar.

Surv was never meant to be melee, bm should have been melee.

This is about as stupid as saying “Outlaw should not have stealth because Assassination and Subtlety already have it and it doesn’t make sense for Outlaw to do the same thing”. You do not make specs unique by taking away parts of the class from them. It was ALWAYS a bad idea and common sense is enough to see why. Specs are meant to build on the base class.

Besides, from a practical standpoint BM and MM can also do 100% of their damage in melee range so it’s not like SV is inherently doing something the others can’t.

1 Like

Yeah because as BM you use Kill Command whereas as Survival you use… Kill Command.

This was always a nonsense point crafted to flatter Survival. Everything SV has that interacts with the pet is just ripped off BM while BM also at least has the Frenzy interaction.

1 Like