Survival ideas now with a RSurvival option

Hello I made changes to this spec that I think would improve it a lot. This is not a build where all of the below is added. I played during Legion and skipped out on BFA but from what I saw what BFA offered this spec and the changes they could have made getting towards Shadowlands is very disgusting. Not here to talk bad on Blizzard to much but to give my thoughts.

Right now Wildfire Infusion is fun. Problem I have is the spam of Kill Command, Tip of the Spear interacting with Kill Command, very bad Coordinated Assualt cd, talents that you cannot change ever because they should be baseline, Mongoose Bite the time frame to deal its damage, and why do you make Survival need so much haste. My ideas are down below feel free to add your own thoughts that relate to Survival.

ā¦ Baseline Alpha Predator, Guerilla Tactics, and Wildfire Infusion
ā¦ Survival has base 10% haste
ā¦ Mongoose Bite replaces Raptor Strike
ā¦ Mongoose Bite - A brutal attack that deals [ x% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and grants you Mongoose Fury. Mongoose Fury Increases the damage of Mongoose Bite by x% stacking up to 5 times. Upon the 5th stack gains a duration for x seconds
ā¦ Kill command gives x% haste for 15 sec but only 1 stack or the attack speed buff from previous
ā¦ So we have 2 charges on Kill Command and 2 charges on Wildfire Bomb now
ā¦ Coordinated Assault now gives 20% damage, 10% haste, and a murder of crows(just the damage but can be extended from Birds of Prey Talent)
ā¦ Wildfire Bomb - keep shrapnel and volatile the same. Pheromone bomb gives Kill Command a reset charge and +x focus on next 2 kill commands

**Talents**

Lvl 15 Talents- Left for more convenient choices that donā€™t impact damage as much

Lvl 25 Talents- can be for more pvp. I donā€™t pvp so pvperā€™s please add your thoughts

Lvl 30 Talents- Utility for Raid/Groups and yes the other specs can have as well

ā¦ Trailblazer - gives you and your allies a x% speed increase for x seconds
ā¦ Added to Natural Mending - your pet heals the wounds of your allies for x amount or your pet will soak x amount of damage from a target and you

Lvl 35 Talents - Focus Generation

ā¦ Murder of Crows - gives x amount of focus per hit from crows on coordinated assault
ā¦ Bloodseeker - Kill Command puts a bleed on the target x seconds and for each second gives x amount of focus

Lvl 45 Talents- More damage and AOE choice

ā¦ Tip of the Spear - now does x% of the duration of Serpent Sting damage when hit with Mongoose Bite or Carve
ā¦ Flanking Strike - replaces Kill Shot. Has you and your pet perform a Kill Shot dealing x damage. Makes your Flanking Strike off gcd?. Has X second cd
ā¦ Viper Venom - Serpent Sting dot has a chance to give a free cost Mongoose Bite or Carve(x second cd)

Lvl 50 Talents- The ā€œOMGā€ talents or atleast they should be lol

ā¦ Birds of Prey- keep the same because of the change to Coordinated Assault
ā¦ Chakrams- removed
ā¦ Wildfire Infusion 2.0
- Volatile Bomb spreads Serpent Sting to targets not affected. If it hits one target with Serpent Sting; volatile reaction deals double damage
- Pheromone Bomb not sure yet but maybe a smoother focus regeneration for Example: Instead of 2 Kill Commands giving +x focus you get all focus from previous effect with one Kill Command over a duration
- Shrapnel Bomb your pet causes the target to bleed for the same amount of stacks you applied
ā¦ Kill Command 2.0- Kill Command does x damage for each stack of Mongoose Fury

Now I know i said no RSurvival but I think I have a decent concept for a talent to make a RSurvival. Still needs work!

ā¦ Aspect of the Eagle - All your melee abilities are now range(40 yards). You now throw your Polearm/Spear with Mongoose Bite. Mongoose Bite now has 5 charges with x second cd and stacks up to 5. Your pet retrieves your Polearm/Spear. Kill Command will also retrieve another Spear. Serpent Sting now has 20 sec duration, will do x% additional damage for each Mongoose Bite hit. Upon reaching 5 Stacks your next Mongoose Bite will do a 20 sec Serpent Sting instantly. Harpoon(longer cd) will also retrieve Spears and proc a Disengage.

4 Likes

I would approve of almost any of those changes you have listed

What is tragic is we have a spec we are trying to give a chance after it got gutted from being ranged to melee and blizzard leave it in a completely untuned and give it no attention when itā€™s one of the worst perform and least represented class in game

1 Like

I actually liked a lot of your ideas!

Inb4 ā€œmAkE IT rAnGeDā€ crew shows up.

1 Like

I like a lot of these ideas.

My own suggestion regarding the whole RDPS issue would be to make Aspect of The Hawk a stance change from melee to ranged with their own pros and cons (similar to vanilla Aspect of The Hawk and Aspect of The Monkey) on a short CD.

Youā€™re onto somethingā€¦ but, it may be too great to grasp.

1 Like
  1. 10% base Haste plus 10% Haste from a 100% uptime maintenance buff is a bit strong, and would significantly devalue Haste on gear.
  2. Lvl 25 Talents for PvP? No. That is why PvP talents exist. Base talents need to be effective in PvE, PvP, solo world content, etc. They can offer different kinds of utility that might be better in one area or the other (like what the existing 30 and 40 rows do) or different types of damage better suited to ST or AoE, burst or sustain, but they need to have SOME use in all kinds of content.
  3. MM and BM are getting those changes to Trailblazer and Natural Mending, right? Giving SV a choice between two different external raid CDs and excluding MM and BM from having them is not the way to fix SV, thatā€™s the way to push people to play SV against their will.
  4. Flanking Strike in your example is completely broken. There are like 1 or 2 off GCD damage abilities in the entire game (only Fire Blast comes to mind immediately, and that has a whole gimmick around it), giving a single spec of a single class access to two of them via talent is pants-on-head crazy.
  5. If you are going to include a RSV option, it needs to involve a bow/gun/crossbow, using ranged abilities. A spear throwing spec could be interesting, but itā€™s completely out of left field and bears no resemblance to old RSV.
2 Likes

one of my fave specs it really needs an overhaul :c :cry:

1 Like