Survival Hunter Survivability - all time low

Ironic that a survival hunter is so dang fragile. my equally geared WW monk has an infinitely larger amount of self healing AND movability too, for that matter. It’s simply ridiculous.

2 Likes

Hunter in general is just such a fragile class. Pretty much everyone else has some decent means of self-healing, even if its passive.

(Mages get shields)

3 Likes

Hunters in general are flaunted as:

“The way of the hunter is one of mastery over the beasts of the world, an unparalleled precision in marksmanship, and the knowledge of how to survive in situations where others would perish.”

Masters of survival, but we have one of THE shoddiest damage mit/healing kits of any class besides maybe Mage.

That just means you know how to start a fire with wet/damp wood.

2 Likes

Hey now, Teldrassil was a complete accident… I started a campfire at the ROOTS, how did it go up the whole tree?!?

2 Likes

2 Likes

If First Aid were still a standalone secondary profession thing, I think it’d be cool for Hunters to get a passive that allows them to use Bandages without interruption (with like a 30s cooldown or something so you can’t just chug bandages).

Or just give them an ability themed that way I guess. Exhilaration is too long of a CD to function as their self sustain.

2 Likes

You laugh, but when you accidentally eat the berries off the wrong bush, you’re going to feel very silly.

And maybe dead. But you’ll feel silly while dying.

2 Likes

Chelonian crest should’ve replaced Survival of the Fittest as the chosen Hunter talent on that row:

maybe a 2 point talent where it lasts for 400% longer?

This would be decent. Not even OP, even at a 15second CD would be doable.

The lack of self heals for hunter reasons why I just nearly given up and just use a range as Survival.

Hell surprised there is no Live off the Land type passive / ability that allows us to eat meat/fish uncooked for a duration as some from of HoT with a decent/moderate CD.

You survive in the wilderness not keys. :yum:

1 Like

Mages lost the rights to survival after how busted Cauterize was.

1 Like

Meanwhile, WW monk, as an example, has an instant Expel Harm every 15 seconds, and talented an instant vivify I believe every 10 (I’m loading into raid atm so can’t see…) and in my case I’ve got chi wave on right now which has 15s CD.

So three heals that are instant every 15 seconds or less. And when I spec for it (my solo yolo) I have triple roll, FSK, AND TL every 30s. And his DPS is on par with a surv hunter, without having to babysit a pet. Oh, and I forgot soothing mist for when those times happen that I JUST NEED TO SIT AND HEAL UP.

1 Like

I played Marksman for Shadowlands and the first half of Dragonflight. It was fun to play, but dying to rot and mechanics that my Warlock easily survives made me switch mains.

Having to turtle on Raszageth’s bombs in phase 1 because they would 1 shot me if I wasn’t completely topped off felt bad.

1 Like

Survival could definitely use a bit more of its namesake.

I’m not sure how to do it, but hilarious how easy they melt to other melee classes.

1 Like

They’d have to append “Prevents attacking in PvP combat, but duration is still extended” or something though.

1 Like