Survival Hunter Rework Concept: Still Melee, but more hectic

this is such a great write up! My biggest complaints with SV from a casual stand point is how the AoE works, and Kill Command spam. Personally, I love legion’s Flanking strike, but Kill command is fine and serves kind of the same purpose. My problem with it is that it’s soo spammy and feels bad. I want it to do SOLID dmg, but have a 6-8 second CD and just give a flat like 60 focus. SO you don’t have to spam it, the dmg feels good and it still fills the same purpose.

Carve could definitely use some work. I hate to copy fury warriors, but the method they do AoE just work so well. I wish Carve was like that.

Carve would enable a few abilities in a certain way, such as this:

Carve empowers your following abilities for the next (soo many ) seconds (Must hit at LEAST 2 targets to activate).

Serpent Sting: Spreads to 3 nearby enemies close to your target.
Raptor Strike: Cleaves All nearby enemies for 65% of the dmg that hits your main target)
Bombs: Causes your bombs to drop smaller bombs for (x dmg) upon detonation to all nearby targets, and reduce bomb CD by (x seconds) per target hit.
Disengage: causes up to 3 targets near you to be rooted for (x seconds)
Harpoon: After using harpoon, all near by enemies take 20% increased dmg from (ALL) sources for the next (x) seconds.

What I am trying to do here (besides just thinking this would be soo fun) is try and improve the PVE and PvP side of the house. Obviously we all could agree that survivability and utility can use some work, for sure. BUT, I think your suggestions, as well as some of mine would add soo much interesting game play, utility, and give SV something that other hunter specs don’t have for M+ or raids.

Obviously I’m not great with balance, and numbers or durations would have to be tweaked, but hopefully blizzard see’s some of our ideas and runs with them for the next x-pac. (Not getting my hopes up).

The oblivious issue with these recommendations are that nothing works without hitting at LEAST two targets with carve. So I’m not sure what the correct answer is to make all this work, without being OP (especially in PvP) but man would I love these changes.

1 Like

However, if your opinion does not matter if range Survival returns or not than it would negate not not returning, and leave open a possible return cause then if it was to return your option would not be taken in to consideration if someone was to make the decision of wither such spec was to be reintroduced. So, the whole question is it important enough to bring back range Survival from the options that are someone else, but are not yours?

Old way of talking with me. I’ve heard people talk like that my whole life. For me it’s a friendly thing.

Well, I fully understand why they feel like they have too few options(in this class), and thus, why they prefer other classes over hunters.

Having said that, not every class needs to have multiple options for everything, every role. It’s fine if some classes are purely focused in a single core fantasy, with multiple options, all fitting of said core fantasy, with all of them adhering to the same core structure/design. As an example, I would never head into the Rogue forums and start asking for a ranged spec option to be added to that class, especially not as a replacement to what they already have. Even less so, asking for multiple options. Like has been said before, there are a dozen of options for melee weapon specs, plenty of which are options in singular classes. In contrast, there are only 2 total options for ranged weapon specs, there used to be 3. If you take MM as an example, if you don’t enjoy that static, slow hard-casting playstyle that, mechanically(in terms of playflow), feels much like a caster, then your only other option is a spec that focuses more on pets, over anything else.

1 Like

Questions: Who are these people? Why would these people add RSV as a 4th Hunter spec and not have it play as a recognizable variation of the iconic RSV spec? MM is recognizable From WoD till now, so is BM, so would be RSV. The hunter spec famous for drastic changes is MSV.
Tell me, Do YOU not realize how rude it is to be disparaging of another’s hopes, to belittle another’s opinions, points of view, to imply or simply state that another’s dissatisfaction is of no account, that their desires are worth less than nothing?
Do you know what disenfranchised means?
Do you know you don’t have to settle for the dregs, that wanting more is ok?

Does this mean you’re officially of no opinion? Hopefully, this will lead to the breeze dying down, air being about all you contributed to the discussion. Fine job.
It was a breach of faith, nothing less.

1 Like

Don’t bother trying for any serious discussion with him/her. Toxic/Metroid seems to be on a break so someone apparently had to “step in”…

Ex: 10.0 wish list - #6 by Forummoose-thrall

1 Like

Aren’t you doing the same thing

If I do not want Ranged SV as a 4th spec why does that make me the bad guy

Because my view isn’t the same as yours?

1 Like

Am I doing the same thing? Well, no I am not, as I know exactly what I am doing.
When I’m rude it’s because I mean to be, and it is not something I do casually, without thought.
Let me tell you why.
Because it’s worse than just being thoughtlessly stupid, and it hurts people…
I hope I never score another point by making someone feel bad. Not for points…
Bullwinkle, we aren’t doing the same thing.

Damitt, wasn’t done.
Having a different view makes you a person with a different view.
We all got that right.
The bad comes in when you can’t mount a coherent argument to defend and popularize your point of view.
From what I’ve read, this is what you got. You have prophesized that RSV will never return, and you run people down for wasting their time pulling for it. Also, your post, so you don’t want RSV as a 4rth Hunter spec… So, is there another spec you DO want as 4rth?

By now, your position on this topic should be CRYSTAL CLEAR.
Instead your main motivation appears to be your prophesy.
Bye Ungulate.

Please do not be toxic when discussing Hunter on the forums

No. We don’t need another Hunter spec. Waste of development resources, another spec to balance for, another spec to design tier sets for, etc.

Blizzard struggles to keep all of the 36 they have relevant. Why add another, and why should it be a 4th dps spec for a dps-only class because a vocal minority wants nostalgia from a dated spec?

1 Like

Well done. Clear arguments

Me, I think Blizz just plain struggles, possibly through alcohol withdrawal.

YOU don’t need another Hunter spec.

Again, in your head, it would be a waste. For many others, it’s exactly what is needed.

While the word “relevant” doesn’t really apply, yeah, they do struggle in some ways. However, adding 1 more spec to a pool of 36 will do very little, the overall impact would be a minor one. The big problem isn’t the specs, it’s that they don’t actually focus on “fixing” everything that is less than ideal.

Because contrary to your opinion, any indications that point to how sought after it would be, those tell a very different story compared to what you’re saying. In short: because people want it back.

This would only be true if what we’re after is for them to bring RSV back and keep it exactly as it was, for example, without its own set of talents, etc. You see it as “dated” because you can’t visualize what it could be like in the modern game, you only see what it was back then. And, based on the things you’ve said so far, I doubt you even know what it was like when it was still in the game.

2 Likes

This isn’t true though.

Nowhere near enough people want this to warrant a 4th dps spec for a dps-only class being the choice for a 37th spec.

Please do not troll people for having different opinions than you.

A vocal minority wanted to be Rexxar and they got MSV instead.

You’re right, hunter doesn’t need a 4th spec when a passive talent in BM can give melee hunters exactly what they wanted.

2 Likes

I really don’t see the point in making BM the new melee spec. That’s just trading one flavor for another. MM and ranged SV are too similar compared to MM and ranged BM so it’d just be a step backwards for no reason lol

2 Likes

No no no. BM would be ranged or melee depending on the weapon you have equipped.

Imo, RSV should be brought back but given a dark ranger type theme. Visually very different. A spec focused on the dark side of nature and the cunning, tricky side of hunters.

1 Like

Oh, what’s your basis for this then? Is your opinion based only on the people who are posting about it on this one forum or? If that would indeed be a deciding factor, then current melee SV would never have seen the light if day. Anyway, it isn’t.

Do you actually know what “trolling” means? Doesn’t sound like that is the case.

1 Like

This doesn’t work either unfortunately.

Specs are designed and balanced around being either ranged or melee, be it damage output, utility, survivability, etc.

If BM is designed for ranged in this manner then equipping a melee weapon would just gimp their range to 0. If it were designed for melee, then slapping a ranged weapon on would make it op as balls.

Edit: Can someone tell this Ghorak guy to relax it’s a discussion over a class in a video game lol no need to be so hostile

Most of BM’s damage comes from the pet anyway.

The passive I’m suggesting would function like Lone wolf does. Instead of sacrificing your pet for more damage, you’re sacrificing your range for more damage.

There is a percentage buff that negates the advantage of being ranged.

Hello. No, that wasn’t trolling. A trolling post in that format, generally is a statement that looks strong, but has nothing behind it.

see, you asked some questions, and Ghorak answered.

At this point, you needed some clarification, WHAT is contrary to WHICH of my opinions? There are indicators?
indications that refute what I am saying?
What am I saying?
What do you think I am saying?

Without clarification, things can get flexible never let someone else decide what you said or didn’t say, where you’ve been or what you’ve done.

In this paragraph, all Ghorak ever really gets around to saying is ‘because people want it back.’
The only opinion on display is yours. We don’t actually know Ghoraks opinion.
Politely, you ask Ghorak to refrain from Trolling. Politely or no, you have alleged Ghoak has been Trolling you, specifically, for differences of opinion. Probably not a good thing.
I wonder if he holds grudges… Bwhaaaa!! Look at him! OF course he holds grudges! He’s an Orc! A BLOODY Orc! Built to hold grudges…