[Survival] [Bug] Deadly Duo

Good evening,

The Deadly Duo talent in the Survival Hunter tree is bugged. The talent is not providing extra damage to Kill Command while Spearhead is active as well.

Reproduction steps:

1. Talent into Deadly Duo as a Survival Hunter.
  2. Use Spearhead.
  3. Use Kill Command, and take note of the damage it deals to the target.
  4. Use Raptor Strike or Mongoose bite to stack up Deadly Duo (1-3 stacks).
  5. Take note of Kill Command Tooltip Damage, it should be increased.
  6. Use Kill Command, and note how the damage dealt has not increased.

We believe this bug is happening because Deadly Duo applies the Kill Command buff to the Hunter themselves, but the pet is not receiving the buff and they are the entity that deals the Kill Command damage.

5 Likes

Semi-weekly reminder

Also, Aspect of the Eagle benefits from, but does not consume the 4-piece tier set bonus

1 Like

Adding to this, from my own testing:

• Kill Command (KC) damage is being increased by only one stack of Deadly Duo (DD). My KC, without DD stacks, hits for ~9k non-crit. With one, two, or three stacks of DD my KC hits for 12-13k. This is around a 40% increase over my non-DD KCs, in line with the expected damage increase of one stack. It appears that stacks 2 and 3 do not increase real world damage.
  • The damage increase is being correctly updated in the tooltip. 0 DD stacks = 13.2k tooltip, 1 DD stack = 18.4k, 2 DD stack = 23.7k, 3 DD stack = 29k
1 Like

how does the KC damage increase stack work?

if you hit 3 consecutive mongoose bites, you get 3 stacks of KC Damage buff?
sorry this is confusing to me.

In theory, it works much like Tip of the Spear talent does. You press Mongoose Bite and your next KC should do 40% more damage, stacking up to three times. So, for example, you can press Mongoose Bite once and your next Kill Command would do 40% more damage. If you press Mongoose Bite twice (while Sperahead is active) then you would have two stacks of the buff so your next Kill Command would do 80% more damage than normal.

The Deadly Duo buff should stack up to 3 times and Kill Command will consume all stacks of the buff to increase its damage a single time. Let me know if this was helpful or any more confusing.

1 Like

Lol, yeah, at least its not working on dummies. Spearhead gives 25% damage to the pet increased so my Kill command will hit for almost 15k and around 19k when Spearhead is active, but non of the stacks from Mongoose Bite work, the KC damage is the same from a Kill Command at the beginning of spearhead than after three mongoose bites.

1 Like

This still bugged?

1 Like

Who cares its just hunter, just let it stay d tier with its endless bugs and worthless kit

1 Like

I was able to get KC to hit for 45K to 50K sometimes level 421 PVP on the PVP dummy, so not sure if it is bugged or working as intended.

The tooltip of my Kill Command with a full pet build, during spearhead, while triple stacked with the buff that Deadly duo says it gives (120%), reads that my next Kill Command will do 51 706 damage. And yet, it does 24 777 in the pvp dummy. Now, if I don’t Mongoose bite at all, so I don’t stack the Deadly Duo buff, it still does 24 777 damage, so, yeah, its not working. We could be looking at 90k+ crits. You would only throw a couple of this triple stacked (120%) Kill Commands during Spearhead, but still. That damage is slightly less than a 5th Mongoose Bite, so its decent damage. We’re talking Kill Command almost turns into a couple of more 5 stacked mongoose bites.

1 Like

Dam I think this bug was around all the way back in beta and still not fixed. It is odd because like you said the tool tip shows that KC is getting buffed.

Hopefully blizz does something because we know how active they are on class forums…

1 Like

You are the most childish, annoying poster on these forums. Every single thread has you spewing this drivel, adding literally nothing of substance. If you don’t like hunter don’t play it. Go flood a different class with your tears. Just don’t forget the floor is wet sign.

4 Likes

I just checked this again with PVP dummy and Deadly Duo is bugged is not hitting for what it shows on the tooltip.

hopefully this is fixed the Damage increase on KC on DD is a nice burst and a good reason to put 2 points into this

The sad part is that I’ve read somewhere a report on this bug from november…

1 Like

The fact that this bug is still present in the game at this point has me convinced it’s intentional and malicious. There’s no way this has fallen thru the cracks.

1 Like

And what do you add, you go out there and say how great and overpowered hunter is and how it should be nerfed, too bad class is not viable in pvp

1 Like

Artic-Bola also has this issue with the tooltip stating 17k damage for me, and only hitting for 7-8k all the time.

2 Likes

Weekend reminder for Deadly Duo bug

2 Likes

I like forward to seeing the weekly Deadly duo bug reminder until the alpha of the next expansion…

2 Likes

Blizz Can we get deadly duo fixed? Why is this 2 point talent not working as intended for weeks?

2 Likes