Survivability

Leveled this DH from 60-70 today through TW (that kinda sucked). And got this character to 357. All day though, whether in group or solo stuff, I just felt so squishy. Like a breeze past by and I’d die.

I haven’t even started the Obsidian throne area. Just seems like id have to blow cooldowns on every single pull. Once the burst is done (insert the “I guess I’ll just die” meme here.) it seems mediocre.

DH is squishy after all the healing nerf. You will survive better as you get better gear. You need to spec into netherwalk to get yourself out of sticky situation.

1 Like

Are you playing havok or vengeance? Because havoks are glass cannons, but vengeance has pretty good survivability with the right spec. Gotta grab those damage reduction talents and actually get them going straight away. Also, Im a big fan of spirit bomb, great for added survivability when you have extra shards laying around in an aoe situation.

Demonic appetite is a pretty decent way to heal a lot during a fight as havoc. Thats why I always take that talent.

if Vengeance then its as tanky as any other tank when doing world content

2 Likes

I was under the impression that havoc is considered one of the tankiest DPS specs in the entire game.

1 Like

Havoc. DPS spec.

Im basically using the icy veins spec with some tweaks. Like the condemned demon I got rid of. I kept having it pop when I needed to move and would slow me.

1 Like

This is my main.

Honestly, I think my hunter is. My damage isnt just spikey and even without my pet out I feel I have no issues taking a hit or 2. And my only heal is ac2 min cooldown.

Even my SPriest I feel more secure as long as im not overwhelmed.

The ones I feel the squishiest are my DH and Ret Pally. Prot I feel I could survive most anything. But Ret in the same armor cant take a hit. It’s weird how the game is like that.

Fury warrior seems pretty good with their self heals and many CD. Arms is OK. Ret pally you have to have your CD ready

That demon is a good chunk of healing. If i find myself kiting, ill try to tag it with a glaive to get the burst heal and collect the soul. Our healing did get nerfed, but thats mostly affects pvp.

Normal mobs shouldnt be a problem at 357, but soloing an elite might be more than you can chew. Havoc as a ton of leech, and you get souls on mob deaths. What sort of areas or content are you doing?

So far, dungeons and open world content. Mainly elites. Regular stuff seems fine. But any world quests, world bosses or obsidian citadel (haven’t opened it yet on this char) where it is all elites.

Any spec recommendations? I the condemned demon just seemed to get in the way during dungeons. Id die too quickly for it to do anyth

Oh absolutely not. I learned that as soon as I started actually playing one. They have some good passive sustain but I wouldn’t even say they’re the best at that.

The DRs are horrible.

I would say DK is the absolute king of DPS survivability followed by rogue.

Ye elites are going to be rough at thay ilvl if your solo, until you get a full hang of the spec. Here are some tips when fighting them though

1. Blur high. You wanna slam blur when your health is high. It depends on the content, but i almost instictly hit it around 70-80%. This gives it more value to tank more hits/damage and your not too much in danage of dying vs. when you hit it at low health. Also small benefit of getting it on cd. With it being one min, it’s a good button to press often.

2. Eye beam is your bread and butter for leech. The second you hit eyebeam, your leech goes up to 20%+ combine that with collective anguish, your healing should be off the charts.

3.Abuse cc. We now usually take slow glaive in most circumstances. Slam it to kite mobs while you wait for a cooldown to refresh. On top of slow, we have aoe stun, cage, and sometimes sigil of fear. On boss like enemies immune to cc, you have a little over min to kill them(thats eyebeam into meta, and using blur twice). If thats not enough, then your gear might be a tad low, or your rotation isnt optimal.

World boss: theres just alot of stuff to dodge, on top of the melees if the tank is out of range(this is what i remember when i didn the world boss. I havnt done it months, and it the one in waking shore that was bugged first week.)

Dungeons:Theres not a whole lot unavoidable party damage going thats lethal. If your dying in dungeons, it sounds like you missed a mechanic some where, or perhaps some kicks.

1 Like

Not mine. I have to be vengeance outside of groups because havoc just gets destroyed.

I PVP with a DK and he pumps a good 30M damage each bg. He’s our front line damage, slapping everyone with his necro hands, his undead army marching towards you, all while he yanks the healers in and obliterates them. Low hp? Anti magic shield. Dome. Death strike. If you see him in a bg, you are dead.

DH survivability is relying on jumping all over the place so you are difficult to target. Blur. Darkness. Fodder. Maybe if you have that talent where Chaos Nova releases a soul.

I’m referring to pve.

Only if you take the right talents, which are normally not optimal for dps, in pvp havoc is extremely vulnerable to CC, especially stuns, and since its survivability is based on dealing damage it is usually deleted on stuns.