Support this tweet/LFG Addons

There is a lost magic to exactly what you just said. If there wasn’t then we would ask for LFD lol wtf?

2 Likes

Yeah, jumping across the IF bridge and hitting ctrl + up to find a group wasn’t some fun gameplay mechanic. If this facilitates easier finding of groups, whatever. This isn’t some addon that queues you, pops a window, and teleports you to the dungeon. This literally just helps facilitate conversation.

6 Likes

It isn’t a auto grouping tool from what I can see… I really can’t see the issue with this and im trying to.

6 Likes

I’m not trying to argue here.

But addons that allow for more communication among like folks seem more in the spirit of vanilla than your toxically trying to control what other people do.

Sure, porting people to dungeons and crap, I agree is silly. But why is finding people that want to do stuff with you bad?

8 Likes

Kinda interesting that this is something that can even be done with the addon system. I’d use it if it caught on, LFG was a godsend for DPS. Anyone saying otherwise either had a guild that constantly ran dungeons, was a tank/healer, or needs to take those rose-tinted glasses off. Trade chat spam for groups sucks.

3 Likes

The issue with LFD was never the matching. If they’d made a matching tool that was on-server, and didn’t teleport you to the dungeon, it would have been hailed as brilliant to this day.

Instead they reinforced the faceless NPC effect and people stopped caring about who they ran dungeons with.

/2 LFM HOGGER is not what we miss.

5 Likes

How can you make such absurd claims and in the same breath say you’re not trying to argue?

It automates the social interaction of finding a group. Will it, by itself, destroy the spirit of Vanilla? No. However, it’s one step in the wrong direction down a path we’ve already been down. Widespread use of this addon would change the social / community dynamic of the game and for some it’s extremely important for us to preserve that.

How hard would it be to add a gear / spec checking system to this addon?

This is something you want to nip in the bud.

5 Likes

I won’t disagree that this isn’t as bad as LFD but addons like this still take a step away from building a group. This is almost no different than the LFG system in BfA (LFG not LFD) where you can just post a title showing what you are looking for and just walk away without posting anything else. There is a magic to finding people on your own posting stuff, or having to look in guild, or having to go to a friends list. This makes it 100% easier to lead to a more single player experience where I can just be questing, and just casually find a group of people doing some dungeon without having the hassle of going to a city to look for that group or do the other steps it would be to get in that group.

This 100% changes the spirit of vanilla, you can not argue that.

3 Likes

People force you to use it? It’s people giving in that easily that makes people feel like they have to use it. No one can force you to use it. Sounds like you have already given in though.

2 Likes

I tested this app out and has no way to port you to the instance. What does help with is the endless spams in channels like world or general chat. This app still requires you to interact with the person to allow acceptance. Only thing im not fond of is the trigger word to auto accept a person.

2 Likes

I just don’t think classic has that same weakness at least for dungeons. I am pretty sure good enough will rule over the mythic + system of over gearing.

I don’t believe I said it ports you at all, if you actually thought it would you are a really simple person.

The issue is that the forming of groups is a vanilla experience and that is just how the spirit of the game is. Creating this make shift LFG system will 100% change the spirit of the game.

If ANYONE here has experienced arena teams from TBC>BfA you will 100% know the difference an addon like this can make.

Finding a partner for an arena team back in the day was painstakingly hard…and when you found one the was decent you would stick with that person even if they made minor mistakes and you would push with them. With the addition of these group finders it makes it so much easier to find people, you just replace them at the drop of a hat if they sneeze wrong because you know all you have to do is post up in the lfg thing and youll have 20 applicants in the matter of a second.

5 Likes

Popping in this thread just to give likes to those opposing addons that take away from building relationships.

1 Like

I can’t say I agree to me this looks like the looking for group system in tbc.

1 Like

People will generally lean towards the easiest method of doing things. Look at GearScore.

Was it an accurate representation of people’s gear and spec? No. Yet it still became so ubiquitous that Blizzard implemented it themselves.

If an addon existed that pre-checked players for you, even if it wasn’t accurate, people would probably begin to use it. Then a new meta would exist for gaming that system.

It may be an assumption, but it’s based on past history of the game and it’s players. You don’t want to see how close you can get to the “it’s not Vanilla anymore” line, without crossing it.

Are you suggesting you don’t like this scenario?

LFM Hogger
1.) 3 people appear
2.) Hogger Dies
3.) Those nameless faceless people disappear

If you think that then you don’t know what the lfg system in tbc looked like.

This is almost exactly like the LFG system in retail right now.

you would stick with that person even if they made minor mistakes

In other words, baddies want to make it hard to find players that don’t suck to replace them… (truth comes out)

1 Like

You know you’re putting a lot of effort into trying to make people who don’t like this addon look toxic but so far you look like a big jerk buddy.

3 Likes