Support this tweet/LFG Addons

Yeah, this would be bad too. How about if people just play with others instead? Find out if they are good or not?

Using Live WoW as the comparison is your mistake then

I think you are sadly mistaken.

Re-read the title of this post. It is you who are begging for Blizzard to reconsider not us. :partying_face: :orange_heart:

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

Agreed. This would be very bad. This is the slippery slope to which I referred in another post. Sigh. I really hope non of this happens. No xrealm, please Blizz.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it’s not based in reality, i mean, people believe the world is flat.

While xrealm dungeons aren’t super likely, xrealm BGs are already confirmed to be in as of the FAQ released today specifically saying that they are in phase 3.

Q: Will there be Cross Realm Battlegrounds when those go live?
A: Cross-realm battlegrounds were a feature of 1.12 and are important for matchmaking, so you’ll be seeing cross-realm battlegrounds in WoW Classic when Battlegrounds are introduced in Phase 3 of the content roll-out plan.

Yeah, not really. You say the five man itself is what will get people talking. The fact they don’t need to speak at all in the process means they can continue not to speak. Bad analogy.

If if I have an opinion different than yours, I am a conspiracy theorist? Yeah, okay, I see where this is going. This is no longer productive, I said my piece.

Well, when multiple different people tell you how the addon works and you deny it and say it will split the community, yea, that invalidates your opinion.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what they think. If they are wrong.

If Blizzard has no intent on breaking LFG assisting addons. Never said they would break LFG assisting addons. They won’t break them.

You analogy is bad, correct.

I am not saying they will get people communicating. They DID have people communicating. Live WoW does not. The comparison is incorrect.

1 person in /trade spamming LFG while 3 others are off questing until the part is full is not the social standard people are looking to enjoy. 5 people in a dungeon collaborating to succeed is.

5 people in a vanilla dungeon vs 5 people in a Live WoW dungeon. Not even remotely comparable.

They said they would be restricting certain things, because as it’s been said already; ‘it would break the spirit of Classic.’ At this point, personally, I would rather the subscription for Classic was separate from Retail. This way, you wouldn’t have to feel like you’re paying for something you didn’t like–you just wouldn’t pay for it!

Did you play Vanilla, or any earlier MMOs, for that matter? Your thinking is very inline with the modern player, because you’re missing the point entirely in recreating the vanilla experience. I don’t think Classic will be for you. Stick with Retail.

3 Likes

I already said I know how it works, try reading my responses.

If you truly knew how it worked you wouldn’t be talking about it splitting the playerbase. If you don’t have it you’ll still see groups from people who do as it will be posted in /2 or /4 or whatever is chosen.

Hope /4 actually gets use this time though, sitting in cities to find groups sucks.

Can you give any sources on the addons they have restricted. To my knowledge they only stopped automation addons. Everything else is fair game.

If it could be used on the beta/stress test it made the cut.

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

You don’t have to sit in a city with world chat. No, I don’t want this addon. My opinion is it’s bad for the game, I don’t care if it is an interface and not a transporter. I can only hope Blizzard breaks it like they said they would.

1 Like

if people actually use /4 this time around, no one will be in /world because players can abuse player made channels

You obviously have not been following this Classic stuff very long.

What you believe Blizzard has said is not what was said. Heck, even the “what we know so far” gets it closer than what you wanting it to be.

Feel free to come back after you’ve caught up on the light reading. There not too many announcements and dev interviews to sift through.

That or be content with word of mouth misinterpretations.

Seems like a good addon

Remembering back to my Classic days, this is something perfectly doable with the game’s system. Hell. its basically the backbone of the RP addons used at the time except being used for a different system

This is the same functionality as your server having a channel it uses to make groups

I see absolutely no reason to ban it and have no idea what people are talking about with the ‘spirit of classic’ about this. There’s no cross realm, there’s no teleporting, its just making going through the mess that is LFG into something reasonable

It additionally cannot be broken, unless you want to break chat channels entirely