Support our hero efx

Fair enough.

NGL, I think more specs should operate like Fistweaver so DPS don’t mind Healing.

I’d have so many more shuffle rounds played if my Tanks healed other people through zugzugging :weary:

They should maybe make them more damage oriented, although a lot of healers enjoy their role and would rather not have it turn into a midway support spec.

Also fistweaver is a bit toxic because it’s another melee that best fits into comps like ret warrior and it’s just pure zug.

I remember watching fistweaver vs fistweaver melee cleaves in the awc not too long ago, and it was just ugly to watch. I would personally rather not see it be an overly viable spec.

When the worst person you know makes a good point.

The ‘heals via dps’ swap for disc in legion is still one of the worst design changes in the history of priests, along with the shadow legion rework in my own, and many long time priest mains opinions.

1 Like

Whenever I see your posts you’re usually on the witty and smart end of the conversation. Somehow today you missed where, in more than one instance, I implied or outright stated I play/prefer castweaver.

I don’t really see this converting a bunch of dps-only players to healing as it’s still supporting others rather than ‘taking the lead role’ that dps currently have in arena.

Since the impact of healers sway on the game via things other than healing was neutered and the importance on pve damage and being self sufficient via self healing/mobility/cds/defensives was boosted more and more for dps roles, they have such a spotlight when it comes to providing significant impact to each game while healers are being more and more reduced to just a healbot while the dps can do everything else.

As far as healer design goes; I still really appreciate the design of resto sham because it has so much utility and can provide so much more than just raw healing.

Pres evo obviously has tons of utility, but lacks in raw healing so it’s suffering in comps that can’t help support it to be able to do all the extra things.

Holy Palla, again great utility, but lots of hardcasting, so always comp dependent as healers should be.

Resto druid can work basically anywhere (and has basically for ever) because it can use all its utility almost all the time while healing is rolling. Then has the most brain-dead-easy cc chains that can only be hard stopped once they get the opener by some one else or trinket/stopped/having an ability that can self-prevent it while stunned (bubble bash, Thunderstorm during bash, those kinda things that don’t rely on your team mates), and preventing the chain of stealth>bash>clone spam is more difficult on openers when playing shuffle. Less so in proper rated with communication, but still very easy to get off and chain compared to other healer cc/interrupts.

Priest used to have the most amazing utility (mana burn, mc, offensive dispells, mass dispell) and some decent damage that all could add to pressure while being far less mobile than other healers. Had good enough healing. Shields were great for most dps classes (but not all, like warrior) so was good in comps that allowed it to do those things. Then mana burn was removed (I agree that it was too oppressive in a time where mana was a much more defining balance point that was used efficiently, but it was so nice to counter resto druids with offensive dispel and mana burn). But I also agree that it was very important to disc as the ‘offensive healer’ identity and it should have been rebalanced to not be spammable (like how they added a cd to dispells), but still have an impact on opponents play as mana should be a resource that has impact, not infinite for most classes that still use it, just not the degree of importance, and scarcity it was in vanilla.

No one cares about Holy enough to mention it (I jest, but for real though).

TLDR:
Healers impact on the game needs to take over a portion of what DPS’ impact on the games have to make it more fun for long time healers and for new healers alike. Weather that be via offensive utility (offensive dispells, ccs, kicks, whatever) or extra damage supplied from the healer (Pres having impactful extra damage sort of thing).
But not oppressive like having an almost 3rd dps while still providing all the abilities/utility you expect a healer to have like FW currently has all of.

Ya I’m like that.

Where did I say you didn’t?

I’m not a FW enjoyer. I have played it, yes, minimally. I don’t like it, I don’t prefer it, and I don’t like playing into it.

Where does that say you don’t prefer castweaver? If we want to argue semantics and put words in each other’s mouths that’s fine but I’d rather not.

Semantics man. You’re too intelligent to play this game. Just say you miscategorized me as a “FW enjoyer” and move on.

1 Like

Ya you should probably

Intelligent, but petty. Got it.

Ya thats true, but to break it down I don’t see how you can expect people to think you weren’t a fw enjoyer when you come in here complaining about proposed nerfs instead of just proposing a buff to casterweaver.

For example it’s very well documented my disdain for BM, I have played it a little bit on my alt. I’ll never complain about proposed nerfs to it however with how toxic the spec is.

Ok, fair.

I think I look at it a little more holistically than you. For example, FW can’t really succeed in a comp like Mage/Lock/FW. It is really only useful in Ret/War, maybe like Feral/Aug, or something similar. It is annoying, yes, but it is also niche. When I think of oppressive, I think of rdruid being good in every single comp, even the comps that FW excels in, and it isn’t close (not as oppressive post nerfs, but still 1 of 2 best healers next to rsham).

I don’t know the exact solution to make FW less annoying. It is CC-able. It is killable (not easily if paired with ret/warr though). It does actually oom although at a rate closer to rsham. Maybe reduce the damage but increase the healing proportionately? Make castweaver more attractive to play? Tax its mana a little more? I don’t know what the right answer is.

1 Like

It’s more about toxic gameplay that is very hard to counter, really looking at fw/ret/war.

If you change your name to Castgodx we’d all believe you for certain.

Ouch.

Efx’s thread got reported and unlisted.

Thank you Efx for taking one for the team.

:saluting_face:

6 Likes

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

1 Like

Can someone explain to me what was trolling or inappropriate about EFX’s post?

I was about to say that.

It’s really disheartening being a retail player and seeing hotfix after hotfix for SoD and nothing for us.

2 Likes