Superman vs Batman

No, not the movie. Just in general. Which do you prefer?

I’ve grew up with comics for over 30 years and Ive never been able to stand superman. The self righteousness is sickening. Batman’s behavior is much more realistic and practical. More of a gray area with him. Superman is too black or white. Not enough depth.

OK Superman is a REAL genuine person.

Batman is a rich guy with a tech belt. All abilities are built in.

Seriously there is NO comparison… So Bruce Wayne can fight but if Superman carries an EMP on his back Batman is DONE

regarding their character Superman is from another planet so he didn’t grow up ‘earthling’ gotta cut the man some slack… Plus when you have powers like his literally EVERYONE wants you 24/7 so that would make him a tad cynical and more selective on what he views as a threat or not…

Superman is smarter than Batman it’s just downplayed… he doesn’t want to ‘show off’ in reality.

Batman is considerably smarter than Superman…

Besides Batman is more than just his tools, the guy trained to the extreme to get the body he has.

He is the type of man that creates contingency plans even for his own allies, he wouldnt go against Superman without a plan.

Hell, we have even see how truly dangerous he can be if he were to turn bad as seen in The Batman Who Laughs, thats why he has that iron rule of not killing, because he knows what it would do to him, he knows what he would become if he became a murderer and do to his already poor mental health.

Thats why Batman has Robin for example, he is the counter balance to his darkness, the one keeping him from losing himself, even Superman is that to him, a friend that helps him stay sane.

Batman and its no contest.

Superman has always been a very boring figure. He can literally do anything with virtually no weakness. Just yawn. Plus hes just too much of a boyscout.

Its why ive always preferred Marvels hero’s. They all have character flaws, minus Captain America, and hes meh for me, as well.

2 Likes

Which is funny cause Batman is the one basically carrying the DC franchise most of the time.

Superman was so stupidly strong that they straight up had to create a weakness that strips him from his powers, and said thing is almost has common has freaking air.

I was always more of a batman fan than superman. I remember as a kid thinking superman looked the most lame, and didn’t do anything that cool.
Batman had a cool car and gadgets. And way cooler bad guys.

Sorry, I’m still chuckling about OP growing up with comics for 30 years.

https://www.cracked.com/article_29610_4-reasons-anyone-who-says-superman-boring-superhero-full-it.html?
Seems like this belongs here.