Sunsong Ranch plot questions?

Hello all, I recently have started trying to level up this toon, but am confused by the farming in Sunsong Ranch from Pandaria
Specifically the plots you plant seed in to grow ingredients. Sometimes they just plant the crop, but other times they plant something different, and most of the time I can figure what to do with the equipment provided, but one of these things has me baffled.
That would be when I plant a crop of seeds, and a large moving tentacle seems to come out of the plot, which cannot be removed it seems. I have tried spraying it with the bug killer, use the watering can to water it, and even tried to remove it with the spade, but it comes back doing nothing at all, or saying ‘invalid target’ to be removed. You can click on the tentacle, and it will pick up and swing you around, providing an interface to do things, but I cannot see why, and I now have two of these tentacle things taking up two of my plots in Sunsong, which I would like to get rid of so I can grow there.
Can anyone tell me how to get these things out of my garden please??
Thanks in advance!!

Some weeds have to be pulled.

You do that by grabbing it (right-click or left-click?) and slowly walking backwards with the mouse while holding it (with the mouse down). Stretch it far enough (roughly 20 feet) and it snaps. That destroys it.

I think you can turn and walk forward, instead of backing, but I’m not sure. It’s been a few years.

There is also the plow – located just near or under the stairs. I remember having to use the plow sometimes, as well as the other items you mention. But I can’t remember what.

I also remember going online to figure it out. Icy-veins and wowhead are my 2 go-to websites. Each of them may have lengthy articles about the Sunsong ranch. I’m sure articles about it exist on other websites too.

For the tentacle (Wild crop), the interface has two options. One is “Flex” to generate 3 dominance. You keep hitting that until you get up to 50 stacks. The other ability, Gnaw, allows you to bite the vine, interrupting it’s Vine Bash ability that it uses.

The Earth Slasher Master Plow allows you to till a whole row on the farm. It also, stuns and reveals any Virmin that are in the occupied soil. If you get any Virmin though you will have to manually till that plot again. If you had three plots occupied you can go over it with the plow again.

Bear in mind OP that you only get the plow and other devices after unlocking more plots on the farm. You get them From Gina Mudclaw (Pandaren woman with a red dress in the middle of the Halfhill market).

The tentacle should pop up a vehicle interface just keep hitting the first button and hit the bite button every time it’s off cooldown. Takes about 5 bites to kill it.

From memory, the tentacle, when you click on it, picks you up and gives you 2 action buttons. Don’t remember what they are, but. you need to. keep pressing them as they get out of CD and eventually you kill the tentacle. It takes a while.

Other things you can/must do:

• till the plots; sometimes there is vermin - kill it!
  • plant seed. usually they will have specific conditions:
    — parched — you need to use the water can
    — infested — you need to use the bug sprayer
    — runty — need to grab the plant and jump
    — spotlighted (or something) — bird will come, kill it
    — weed — grab the weed and walk away pulling the weed

…i think this is it, unless i missed one… might not have gotten all the nomenclature correct, but that’s the kinds of things you do on the farm, give or take. :wink:

The bite button is used to interrupt the “vine slam” ability. I don’t think it produces stacks of dominance.

You may be right. I just time the fight using the bite ability. As long as I’m spamming the first button, and biting on cooldown, it takes me five bites.

Thanks all, I figured out how to get rid of the large vines myself, but your attempts to help are appreciated!!

I knew the farm story had plot holes!