Summoner Class

The micromanaging comes where you have to use your pet’s skills instead of your own spells in certain situations as well as proc the greater summons and time their special abilities in a short burst window(bahamut->phoenix). And you do this every 1 or so minute on CD. In a way you play as your summons instead of your own class if that makes sense but in a way your right too.

Ok.

How is that different from me using some of my own spells in certain situations?

I am saying, mechanically, its the same.

You press a keybind either way, like any other spell/ability. From the pov of the person inputting commands…its all the same.

So if “micromanaging a pet” just means…you use spells/abilities the same as any other class…

BM hunters have a bunch of abilities they use that are actually their pets doing it.

Meh, With the right talents, Demo can play like Summoner from either FFXI and FFXIV.

Now, building an idea to introduce something like Scholar - a Pet Based healer that uses a mixture of dots and siphon type attacks to boost the group while pet does the healing, you’re going places.

He probably meant a summoning class not imploding their pets. Probably the worst mechanic in the whole game.

Yeah exactly, they made player and pet a class on its own as you say. They could easily do the same here if they forced hunters/warlock/dk’s to use their pets skills manually instead of automatic.

But this already happens…no?

BM hunters have abilities they use, but are actually pet abilities.

How about dogs?

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/dog-carrying-ax-puts-kentucky-mail-carrier-edge/IIEAP7GY6VC25MA4HA2HNFNGGA/

Their pets use their abilities automatically without player intervention so no. The closes we have to this is frost mage’'s pet’s AOE freeze ring you have to manually place and pet can’t auto-place.

Not quite.

Beast Mastery skills :

Kill Command - Give the command to kill, causing your pet to savagely deal [ 122.6% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to the enemy.

Bloodshed - Command your pet to tear into your target, causing your target to bleed for [ 164.2% of Attack Power ] over 18 sec and increase all damage taken from your pet by 15% for 18 sec.

These are abilities you pet performs, but the BM hunter has to manually specify.

That’s true, I always tied kill command and beastial wrath to the hunter as a skill, not a pet.

There’s already pet abilities than you have to do on your own. Kill Command being one. Demonic Strength and Soul Strike come to my mind too.

You use summons and still use other weapons until later :3 farm slimes for slime staff
Or the hollow trees on surface for finchy doo

That sounds absolutely horrible. Blizz can’t even path pets correctly and have them work correctly now. And standing there letting someone else do everything for me? Pass.

1 Like

So you want demonology to be nerfed and have all our damage come from pets?

Also made this thread a while back asking for more Baseline Pet customization

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/warlockstables-for-demonsaberrations-you-know-you-want-to/583141

WTB RIFT’s Necromancer & Elementalist classes, pl0x.

What you guys really want is a spell caster thats a tank

Uh… beast master hunter?

yeah because using 1 attack every min… :wink:

i would prefer something like Aion spiritmaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSMJRnanSlM

Would be pretty dope

Yeah Blizz really needs to fix Demo - I agree.