Summon random favorite mount not selecting dragonriding mounts

Hello, just logged into an alt for the first time this week and when I use the summon random favorite mount in the middle of Valdrakken, it keeps choosing ground mounts. I can manually choose and ride my favorited dragon riding mounts so I am not sure why this is happening. character is level 68 - Dalaran Aedyrdrys. I tried deleting the folder named after the character from the WTF folder but did not help. This is really annoying!

2 Likes

Yes this just started happening to my less than lvl 70 alts today. Not sure why you changed this but can you please revert or fix this. It makes no sense to make a change like this.

Same problem here on my Level 63 Evoker. However my level 70 Druid is fine.

It seems like a change intended for TWW when the cap goes up, but that’s months from now. Can confirm it works normally when my alt got to 70.

just to inform that this is happening to my alt char too (lvl 68)

Doubt this since dragonriding (soon to be “skyriding”) is being expanded to the vast majority of flying mounts in 11.0, and we’ll be able to skyride at launch in TWW.

This seems more tied to the other random issues where things that didn’t have a level requirement to use them before now have one, e.g. the portal to Valdrakken and the Rostrum of Transformation. Neither of these have any reason to be raised even when TWW launches.

2 Likes

I think it has to do with a number of changes intended to encourage people to level in upcoming MoP timerunning. The portal to Legion now has a minimum level of 45, and the quest to start Legion content has been removed.

I don’t believe this has anything to do with Timerunning. Those character will be separate from the ones we now have in Live until after the event.

There is no reason to be locking 60+ content to level 70, especially since things like the Rostrum are literally required for quests you get while leveling.

2 Likes

Agreed. Regular retail characters won’t even see a single reference to Timerunning in-game (aside from the initial splash banner when it launches) except guildmates in guild chat who have gotten their Timerunning character(s) invited.

1 Like

The only workaround I have found is to just replace your mount macro (or favorite button) temporarily with a dragonriding mount. The issue seems to be that the function IsAdvancedFlyableArea() is returning false for sub-70s for some reason now.

1 Like

Are you seriously suggesting that you think there will be no initial splash banner every time you change character? Haven’t people been powerleveling in DF content on their low levels? I’m sure they’d much rather players played 40 hours each on a number of new alts in MoP timerunning than an hour or two on that 65+ you’ve been pulling out when you were bored.

To add to this issue… I just found out that the Bel’ameth portal still works for characters below 70.

When I used it on a 60, I got the Well Supplied achievement… but dragonriding did not unlock. It normally appears on alts immediately upon entering the Dragon Isles.

I flew to Valdrakken and logged out and back in… still no. So apparently learning dragonriding on alts is also level-locked with this bug.

To put this here for Blizzard: This began between Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday it was all working fine.

Currently all world quests are showing rewards requiring 70, but the actual reward is scaled, thankfully.

1 Like

Of course there will be. But it does no good to put in barriers to characters in Live when Timerunning characters will be wholly separate.

Blizz has confirmed this is a bug, and apparently a difficult one to unravel.

Started playing an Evoker and once done with the intro quest did not unlock the dragonriding tree. I thought ok, maybe for some reason I need to do the dragonriding quests but when I finally got to them, I get stuck at A New Set of Horns which requires you to use the Rostrum of transformation. This can’t be used currently as it now requires level 70.

Running into the exact same issue as Grindolain right now.