Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros - Complete

I don’t know dude. I have no issue congratulating people for gaining a coveted item. I like to see people be happy and get windfall things.

1 Like

What part needs to be exploited? The ingots?

Why? There’s probably two dozen MC groups on that server. You don’t think they could have purchased some in order to make the World first Hand of Rag?

Come on, what’s with people? Everything’s an exploit or conspiracy to you guys.

4 Likes

Isn’t it 8?

So many people getting their panties in a twist over some guy getting it put together so quickly.

People were pugging Ragnaros in week 2, I have no doubt in my mind that some lucky sod had the stars align and got the Eye of Sulfuras on their very first kill. After that they just needed to beg and borrow enough gold to buy the Sulfuron Ingots from other raiders and they could put it together with no effort at all.

Zero reason to believe this was done through an exploit, especially since the layering exploit literally didnt work on raid bosses.

1 Like

Doesnt it take 1 drop just for the pattern?

haha im level 42.

haha

1 Like

People pretending they know how vanilla worked and making ridiculous statements and actually knowing how vanilla worked are two entirely different things.

It was not uncommon that guilds bought / traded mats with other guilds to make this.

3 Likes

Of course they did, just like 90% of all the 60s running around with great gear etc. flooding the AHs with BOEs. It’s a complete joke and makes me almost not want to even play at this point as the feeling has been nearly ruined.

3 Likes

Are you actually playing Classic? What level are you at that the BoE economy has affected your gameplay experience so strongly?

Incorrect.

The Eye is the only material that cannot be traded, though. You don’t need 100% drop rate; you just need a lot of guilds running it and ONE of them to get lucky, which is what happened.

1 Like

Awesome! Nice Mace.

If it came from exploiting, they would take away the Eye of Sulfuras. There’s no doubt about it.

It is. And it says a lot more about them than it does about the state of the game.

Reminds me of the old days of Warcraft III on Battle-net when about 1/3 of the games I was winning would be accompanied by an accusation I was hacking. I’ve literally never been banned from an online game, ever, for hacking because I’ve never hacked or taken advantage of exploits.

It’s just easier for some people to convince themselves that the other person is cheating rather than accepting they just managed to accomplishment something sooner in the game due to luck or being a more devoted player.

1 Like

i crafted this weapon on retail (way back) no hits were given, I guess being first at something is good or something?

This.

Until layering is removed, no world firsts are real.

It’s called collaborating with other guilds to reach server first. Sulfuron ingots are not soulbound.

Or are you used to the retail mindset of never socializing with anyone?

In other news, GMs do investigate world firsts (and likely world seconds as well). So if by some chance this guild exploited layers in a raid (even though a blue specifically stated RAID resets were an ENTIRELY DIFFIERENT BUG FROM VANILLA) they should be banned in time (or should have been banned already with the ban-wave, honestly).

1 Like

Pretty much, yeah.

Look at the levels of the people making those accusations. A lot of these people are probably struggling to come to grips with the fact people are 60 already, let alone clearing MC and crafting Sulfuras.

2 Likes

It’s because these quick realm/server firsts are polluting their world view that Vanilla was the perfect game. They can’t accept/understand that once a game has been out for 15 years and people have been playing on private servers, people have gotten Classic down to a science, making most of its content a cakewalk.

1 Like

There was a thread a few days ago with a bunch of people swearing it was simply impossible to have your Epic Mount after three weeks. Then I watched Mmrrggll’s video about his progress:

There is no doubt in my mind, like none at all, that Mmrrggll didn’t exploit layering for his gains. He’s just not that type of player. Like me, he would get no satisfaction from doing it that way. Yet there he is after three weeks with an Epic Mount, maxed out Enchanting and Engineering, and a good bit of gold towards a second Epic mount. But … but … it’s impossible RAWRRRRR. Lol … :joy:

Some players are just really, really good at the game.

2 Likes

I mean, lots of people have been exploiting layers.
Idgaf if people are 60 and farming content, that’s cool, but the fact that SOME players are exploiting layers makes all achievements suspect.