[Suggestions] Some classes should have more eye color options!

Did you notice that death knights are the only class in the game that cannot change their eye color?

Imgur

Have you noticed that in the background splash art of the Blood and Unholy specializations, the eye color aligns with the magic of the specialization?

Background Death Knight Blood

Background Death Knight Unholy

Do you think Death Knights should have more eye effect options?

And it’s on this point that I’d like to delve a bit deeper. Not only should Death Knights have these eye color options but also other classes that manipulate certain properties of elemental magic in the game.

Mages, warlocks, priests, paladins and shamans should be included in this group for future updates.

If you’ve watched the Warcraft movie, you probably noticed that characters from races like Gul’dan (orc) and Medivh (human), when manipulating or coming into contact with fel magic, ended up inheriting that characteristic in their eyes.

Gul’dan manipulating fel magic in the Warcraft movie

Medivh after contact with fel magic in the Warcraft movie.

The Burning Crusade expansion inadvertently created an association among many players that the green-eyed characteristic was unique to Blood Elves when it wasn’t exactly the case. They were the first race to become playable with this feature, but it shouldn’t be exclusive to them.

Any race in World of Warcraft capable of being a warlock should have this option available since they can manipulate fel power.

The same should also apply to mages who manipulate fire, frost and arcane magic. This is a common theme seen in various splash arts throughout the Warcraft franchise.

Khadgar with eyes ablaze

Jaina with purple eyes while wielding arcane magic.**

Antonidas with white eyes

In the Mist of Pandaria, mages had a Challenger Mode armor set that changed the eye color but after discontinuing its use, you wouldn’t retain those characteristics in other transmogs.

========================================================================

Shamans should also be included in this list for their manipulation of various types of elements.

Thrall manipulating lightning

I think paladins and priests also deserve mention. In Warcraft 2, after evolving from knights to paladins, the units emanated the power of the Light from their eyes.

========================================================================

With the exception of Death Knights, other classes like mage, warlock, paladin, priest and shaman could have the same light effect in their eyes when entering combat, similar to Khadgar in the Warcraft movie.

It would be a similar effect to what is applied in the transformation of worgens, who can automatically shift from their wolf form when entering and leaving combat. When the player is dead or out of combat, the eye effects wouldn’t be displayed. Upon entering combat, the effect would be applied.

I believe players have accrued many victories against powerful enemies over time and that we would be worthy of such visual “effects” on our characters.

6 Likes

Big agree with death knights, I made a similar sentiment before: [Customization - Class] Death knight eyes

I like the idea to see the other classes to some extent as well if only if it is during casting. Green eyes during fel spells or that light purple during arcane spells.

1 Like

That’s a good sign that we’re aligned with the same sentiment around this trait for death knights. :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some new glowing eye options were added in DF for NPC’s (https://www.wowhead.com/news/primalist-eye-customization-in-dressing-room-possible-future-dragonflight-328165) but it unfortunately never made it in for players. These would have been perfect to unlock from something like Inscription or Enchanting for those purposes!

1 Like