Suggestions for a WoW Wireless Mouse

Hello,
I am in the market for a new wireless gaming mouse.
I have narrowed them to 3 choices:

1. Razer Nage Pro
  2. Logitech G604
  3. Logitech Anywhere Mouse 3

M1 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM user.

I have used Logitech G600 & Corsair Scimitar but now I am running out of ports on my M1 Mac Mini.

I am leaning towards the 12 button side panel of the Razer Naga Pro. However, I can’t help but think about the reviews of Razer breaking down just after 6 months to a year. Not a good investment for $150

I haven’t used the G604 but having 6 button is weird.

I am also afraid that the G604 might also be a let down as their software is not compatible with M1’s. I already have a issue with the Logitech Streamcam not working properly on my M1 but good on an intel Mac due to the software.

Any suggestions or feedback if you guys have used any of the devices I have mentioned above?

Hey @Aldaris,

I have been playing WoW Classic for a few months on my M1 Macbook and have had experience using the following 4 devices:

• Logitech 502
  • Ergo MX
  • Razer Naga (Wired)
  • Razer Naga Pro (Wireless)

My favorite of all 4 devices has now become my Naga Pro, which I use both for work and for World of Warcraft. There are difficulties using this mouse though. First off, the Razer Synapse 2 software does not work well on Big Sur. A quick Google search will tell you all the hoops you need to jump. I was unable to make this work. That said, Razer has made it clear they do not support Apple devices - so no hopes on Synapse 3 or this getting fixed.

Now, I ended up going a different route with an alternative to Razer Synapse called SteerMouse by PlentyCom. It allows extensive control over mapping ALL of your buttons, including the tilt wheel on the Naga / Naga Pro. The only downsides? You can’t change your Chroma colors and it’s $20. You can grab the free trail to test it. Other people have reported that if you select the colors inside of Synapse on a PC, it should remember those settings. These complications aside, I have really enjoyed the Naga and it’s 12 buttons for WoW.

For the G604, I see it has 6 buttons compared to my 502 and Ergo. If you are satisfied with that many, then I think you will be happy because the G604 will not require ANY special setup aside from the Logi software that you need to install. It will just work, and Logitech has made sure to keep up with Big Sur, as well as M1 Macbook’s. I have been using a Logitech trackball for a really long time since it’s really portable, and requires minimal space to use. It has NEVER had any issues with ANY mac updates, or any of my Macs. The device itself has never had any issues. Logitech really is the stress free way to go.

Being 100% honest, I am really upset at Razer after using their mice for 10+ years and them dropping the ball on the “Mac Gaming” community. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle, go Logitech. If you NEED that Razer mouse, and you NEED those 12 buttons, just know it’ll be a journey.

1 Like

I have my old Razer Naga 2014 and after purchasing a Macbook Air M1 I was surprised that the Razer Synapse didn’t work on Macs anymore. I don’t need macros or key rebinding but the pointer speed is crucial to me and the default setting of my Razer Naga was slow. Even setting the pointer speed setting on the MacOS preferences didn’t improve it.

I had to purchase the CurseSense app to tune the cursor speed on my Naga mouse and it’s been working flawlessly since then. If you know of a free app that does the same, please let everybody know!

I just wanted to chime in and give my .02 in case anyone experienced the same problem as I did.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice. I upgraded to OS Monterey and found that Synapse no longer works. I downloaded Steermouse and was able to use it for the 12 buttons on my Razer Naga Chroma. Just wanted to drop a line in case others are looking as well.

2 Likes

Just as a note here, you can in fact control the colors for many Razer items in Mac-Os using an app you can search for called Razer-MacOs. It’s an open source project that is actively worked on and has added newly released Razer devices over time. I had it working well with a Razer Core X Chroma, Huntsman, and DeathAdder.

3 Likes

Sorry this took some time to reply to.
Haven’t read forums in a while.
Thank you.