Suggestion/Request: Playable Ogres

With rumors floating around about 10.0. and what it will hold for the future of WoW and its players, if a return to Azeroth is in store, then what better time than now to add one of the oldest allies of the Horde - the Stonemaul Clan ogres. They came through the Dark Portal with the Horde way back when.

Some reasons (or excuses, depending on how you look at it) for why they aren’t playable were that they are few in number, their physical size in lore, and that there is no female rigging/model.

First, you can’t tell me that there are fewer ogres than there are void elves/ren’dorei. Story reasons doesn’t hold up anymore.

Second, their imposing presence. Surely players can use their imagination if you scale ogres down to, say, the size of tauren. We can pretend they’re bigger than they appear.

Third, lack of female models. Just reuse the rigging for Kul Tiran females, if you have to. Blizzard added female nathrezim in 9.1. and we might never see these models again in future expansions. If you can design counterparts for the dreadlords, a non playable race, then why can’t you spend some time designing and giving us one of the most requested races since the dawn of WoW?

Obviously, if ogres were added, the Alliance would also need a new race. I have no suggestions for that that would fit the theme of returning to Azeroth, but I’m sure some of you do.

What suggestions would you all make to Blizzard for playable races? Generally when a new class or race is added, it fits the theme of the expansion.

If we are going back to an updated Azeroth to face new threats and explore it all over again, what Horde/Alliance races would thematically fit the expansion for you?

4 Likes

We can’t have ogres as this thread has been around for over a decade foisted on their brains and they have rejected any idea of it as a result.

But one more thread is something I appreciate.

As it happens Bagzak has a thread about this!

How about Furbolg? Always been partial to them for the Alliance.

4 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t see their thread. I figured it wasn’t exactly a new topic but I also am not a forum regular, so thank you for linking that.

AND OMG TAKE MY MONEY! I love furbolg!

3 Likes

Ogre. Rogues.

3 Likes

Ogres can be disgusting creatures…Please leave them as a sideshow~

furbolg, vrykul, or sigh high elves or wildhammer dwarves as separate race

3 Likes

Always happy to see another Ogre fan. Those wanting playable Horde Ogres have been going with the playable support since the game launched, and I’m personally not giving up any time soon! :japanese_ogre:

My personal wishlist as of right now in no particular order:

Horde

:banana::monkey: Hozen
:japanese_goblin::trident: Kelfin
:cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre: Ogres
:wine_glass::bat: San’layn
:meat_on_bone::crocodile: Saurok

Alliance

:parrot: Arakkoa
:fish: Jinyu/Ankoan

Either

:cut_of_meat::tiger2: Saberon
:snake: Sethrak

There are others I’m sure I can think of, but those come to mind at present. I do want to see that character creation screen get filled with races people have been wanting playable for a long time. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m still holding out for tauren rogues and tanking shamans

2 Likes

All of those would be fun.

Hozen for Horde and Jinyu for Alliance. It felt like unofficial allied races, just without them becoming playable. The questing and recruitment/earning their trust felt like they should have became playable at the end.

I know during Legion, when they added Krokul draenei, I was hoping so much they’d become an allied race. Instead we got lightforged draenei. I’ve wanted broken draenei since TBC. They also suffer from a lack of in game female models but there is a Hearthstone card depicting one which could be used as concept art. The Alliance needs more “monster” races.

3 Likes

Personally, I think playable Ogres should be a thing, but Blizzard should throw a wicked curve ball and make them an Alliance race.

1 Like

The cool thing about the Horde Hozen is that they’re still utilized by the Horde. In fact, one of them joins the Kor’kron in BfA. :banana::monkey:

If it were up to me, I’d make all current members and factions of the Horde playable in some fashion, whether they’re a full race or a customization option. Sprinkle in a few NPC races into playable races for both factions, and the game would feel a lot more complete and wonderful for world building, in my opinion.

At the very least, we have all that room on that character creation screen, so hopefully we’ll see it get filled up with new races over time. :smiley:

3 Likes

We’re ready master. I’M NOT READY.

Let alliance have murlocs. Murlocs are annoying and stupid. Alliance is annoying and stupid. Seems like a good fit.

Some offense taken.

1 Like

ally can have kelfin and ill take the arakkoa

Kelfin are Horde.

We’ll take Ankoan for them, and Furbolg for Ogres.

2 Likes

ethereals pls

1 Like

“No” to ogres. “Yes” to Mok’Nathal!