{suggestion}Gear slots

I’ve mentioned this several times, but what about gear swapping.

extra free gear storage on your toon.

We could have 4 available gear slots or load outs. In its basic premise it could help with Paladin and similar classes like Druids.

1. PvP gear
  2. Tank gear
  3. DPS gear
  4. Heal gear

Much like how you can configure the spell bar into multiple layouts. You store all the relevant items in layouts 1 through 4. They are essentially naked until you place items.

whatever. You could have 4 DPS gear arrangements. I could keep one of them for my RP gear.

That way, I’m not keeping my 1H sword or even my BFA cloak on me or in a bank. I’m wearing 4 sets of gear. Obviously lock it when a PvP round starts.

Other examples, It could be a layout for Legion magetower gear, BFA visions, wearing quest gear, etc.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

That… Already exists and has existed well before talent/bar layouts were a thing.

It’s the Equipment Manager on your character page.

1 Like

I think she means actual slots to place gear in instead of the spare sets taking space up in your bags. In other words, you’re already “wearing” up to 4 sets and choosing which one is active rather than swapping out pieces with stuff in your bags.

3 Likes

Equipment manager is limited. You can have one loadout per spec, but many players have multiple loadouts (PvP vs. PvE, Mythic+ vs. Raid, AoE vs. ST, another for open world, even some separate for Timewalking).

I need an add-on to manage all of that. It could be baseline.

One per… spec?

I have 4~5 talent loadouts for Devastation, and several different equipment loadouts. There is no “one per spec” limit.

You can always make more equipment loadouts just by clicking the ‘New set’ button at the bottom and even have it ignore or remove items from slots such as if you wanted to make a “I’m falling to my death and don’t want a repair bill” strip-down equipment loadout.

1 Like

Yes. I poorly worded it in my haste. Thanks

As in extra storage on your toon

1 Like

Oh right…now I can’t remember why I’m using an add-on for this.

Can they by tied to talent loadouts? That’d be killer.

Yep yep. I don’t know if you can assign several gear slots to the same spec but obviously you’d probably use an entirely different set for specific stuff like that for transmog/RP outfits or PvP, for example.

2 Likes

I was just using spec as an example. But you could name them to anything like an equipment manager.

Basically take EM and expand it to actually store your load out (freeing up bag space)

This is what I get for writing ideas tired lol