Suddenly can't log in

Played fine yesterday.

Probably 1 in 5 attempts make it to the character screen. Logging into a character just disconnects me. The News in the launcher has to be reloaded occasionally.

• Did a repair, it didn’t help
  • Emptied the cache, didn’t help.
  • Emptied WTF, didn’t help.
  • Flushdns, it didn’t help
  • Speed tests are fine
  • Websites work fine, including watching Youtube vids.
  • Getting occasional “World Server Is Down” windows, IE Blizzard is outright lying to me.
  • Deleted the battle.net folder in programdata, didn’t help.

If I clear the first huge hurdle of actually making it to the character screen, jump the second of it not being black/blank, backflip over "World Server Is Down”, and promise my firstborn’s soul to Ion I can possibly get onto a character that isn’t in Dragonflight or anywhere touched by Dragonflight (ex: Mage sitting in Pandaria, yes. Druid sitting outside Org, maybe. I suspect when I can’t get on the druid is when the airship is present). My Plunderstorm girl, if I can make it to the screen, is also a little spinning yellow disk. This leads me to believe this isn’t my fault .

Oh well, luckily this is a f2p game so I’m not losing money sitting here. /s

I just ran across this too. I was logged out of Battle.net. When I click to log in I get a 404 page.

3 hours later

bump

7 FREAKIN’ HOURS LATER

In the intervening time I have also uninstalled the game, using a seperate program to make sure everything got wiped, and reinstalled it.

At this point I don’t see how this can be a case of PEBKAC.

I have almost 2 weeks left on my time. Do you want a chargeback Blizz? This is how you get one and the ensuing permaban isn’t exactly a threat when I’m already effectively banned by your broken game.

I am currently experiencing the same issue to a certain degree. All of my characters in Wrath of the Lich King that are logged out in Dalaran encounter the “World Server is Down” when I try to log onto them. I can log into my WotLK characters that are in Stormwind. I can also access all my toons in Season of Discovery and Dragonflight. It is ONLY my toons who are logged out in Dalaran that encounter this issue.

On top of this, I have been unsuccessful in reinstalling the download agent. Before deleting the Battlenet app, I tried to do a repair of the game, but the software was waiting on another update that I couldn’t figure out what it was. I have tried every single troubleshooting option on their website. Nothing is working. I would like to have access to my Wrath of the Lich King characters again.

Sometime in the past hour, after whitelisting something from “Akemi” that was showing up in our DNS logs while trying to access the different blizzard services, and also running a trace while trying to do the install… all of a sudden the install worked, and I was able to install and patch the game. All the issues from earlier disappeared, and I am able to access my characters again. I have no idea if this was an issue resolved by blizzard or if those 2 things listed above had anything to do with them… but I have my characters back again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.