Sudden Razer Tartarus issues?

So I just came back from a 7 month break and updated. I log in and for some reason I’m having issues with my Razer Tartarus I’ve never had before.

What is going on is when I log in the keybindings work fine for a few seconds, and then the screen flickers 3 times over about a second and a half, and then when it quits it is almost like the keybindings for the Tartarus change. Not all of them, just a handful. I made sure I had all the software up to date and everything, anyone know what is causing this issue or how to fix it?

Not Mr technical here, but id try swapping it to a different USB. Could be that the usb port it’s currently in is failing and it loses connection temporarly to the Tartarus causing it pop back up as a plain old Human Interface Device without the Synapse Keybinds. Otherwise try reinstalling Razer Synapse.

1 Like

Well I think it may be WoW having the issue because it’s working fine with other games.

In that case, i got nothing. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along. Within the last 7 months, since you played, WoW did some changes to it’s file directory. So if you have your synaspe set to automatically switch keybinds to the game your playing, try changing the file path to WoW in Synapse.

Honestly that doesn’t make any sense, if it works fine in other games it should work fine in wow, unless there’s some weird game detection thing going on.

Switching the USB port it was plugged into fixed the issue for me. my computer is older so in my case i think youre right.