Sub rogue tips please :D

Hello fellow Rogues,

I have a question regarding our burst. When I activate Shadow Blades + Shadow Dance + Symbols of Death, I usually cast 2 Shadowstrikes + 1 eviscerate, repeat once before Shadow Dance expire. The problem is, even with Deeper Stratagem, I feel like I generate more than 6 combo points because of Shadow Techniques proc. (Shadow Blades + Shadowdance = Shadowstrike generate 3 combo, so If I do 2 rotation, it generates 6 combo + 1 from Shadow Techniques = 7…)

Should I still cast 2 Shadowstrike during the burst, or should I cast 1 to generate 3-4 combo points then use eviscerate?

I would rather get a max cp eviscerate off and waste one cp, than get a 3-4 cp eviscerate off instead.

The damage from sub comes from the modifiers during those burst windows so max those out.

1 Like

I usually just cheap shot and nightblade into an immediate mark for death eviscerate as my opener, I either Crit and hit 100k+ or I don’t Crit and I proceed to shadow strike them to death.

I however have highly specialized sub gear with over 100% mastery static and when my weapons and armor proc I can get upwards of 120%. You won’t be bursting well with sub without exceptionally high mastery. I like a really bursty playstyle but for arenas (if that’s your thing) you should be building full versatility.