Sub Rogue PvP - Why Night Elf?

Pretty basic question, I don’t see many other races that aren’t Night Elf (unless we’re counting Horde Faction). Just would like to know the idea behind this.

I’m not sure if Shadowmeld is that big of a game changer or not.

Smeld is a free vanish. Its honestly yuge.

Been calling for it for weeks.

It needs to incur the 30sec PvP trinket reduction like the other racials.

Whether you agree or not you need to look at faction imbalance and WHY these racials can have that impact. Left untouched and unchecked how many Nelf rogues are going to be running rampart whilst other races and factions have been abandoned.

Nelf has been a great choice since vanilla.

Losing prep means meld is stronger than ever. Nelf has been bis for assassination for a long time as a result.

Its still great for sub.

Its just more.

Also NE use to have bonus to stealth an extra rank for stealth/prowl making them much harder to locate, but pretty sure that’s been removed it’s mostly just shadowmelding for that extra shrouded suffocation/improved garrote proc.

1 Like

Yah, they removed it. They actually nerfed/removed a lot of the stealth stuff. All the old items that gave +stealth or +detection got nerfed/removed.
But, we do have the new(added in Legion, I think) BG-only potion that increases detection by 45. That’s like increasing your level to 79 in terms of detection.

Kinda miss felhunter being the watchdog with their “Paranoia buff” good to know there’s a detection pot cause atm i’m gearing/raiding on my assassin rogue and will be looking out for that potion on people.

When i do PVP that is.

Nelf>Dwarf>Human for ally. Nelf is such a game changer, lets you make a lot more plays/be more offensive with your vanishes

“It needs to incur the 30sec PvP trinket reduction like the other racials.” what do you mean exactly?

Will of the forsaken, dwarf racials, every man for himself

They all incur the 30sec cd for your PvP medallion trinket.

Shadowmeld does not. Now it can be argued that the other racials are stronger for their immunities but when the AWC is full of night Elf rogues, I think something should be addressed with it.

Given sins play style and a talent we take near the top we can use our improved garrotte for 3 sec after stealth ends, Shadowmeld is Op for this reason.

I think the major problem here is that those are all defensive racials. The cases in which Shadowmeld becomes “strong” is generally for offensive purposes. Giving Rogues another opener. You try to use it defensively and you just simply get immediately AoE’d out of it. Especially if you aren’t a Rogue to enter Stealth and run away. Which leads me to another key problem to this is it’s a class specific problem. Those above racials benefit every class. Shadowmeld is generally only strong for Rogues and to a lesser extent Druids.

Making it incur a 30s CD with trinkets would basically kill this ability for non-Rogue Night Elves. E: I guess I’ll add. Maybe that doesn’t matter, though. I suppose it’s usual use-case would still be fine post-trinket use. It’s just seems crazy to add such a restriction to a racial due to an interaction with a single class.

Yeah but when every rogue class is Nelf - it’s got to be addressed.

And yes it benefits the offensive side but the aoe breaking doesn’t matter to much as they only want to re application of empowered garrottes on the targets they can reach. So it’s just a quick restarts to run around and garrotte up as many as they can.

I mean, making it incur a 30s CD wouldn’t really nerf the offensive capabilities of Shadowmeld. If they wanted to kill that they could just make it so Shadowmeld doesn’t drop combat. Then, you’d have to pray no one AOEs while you sit there waiting for combat to drop. lol

Nelf racial now gives more speed if you’re stealthed, +7% total.