Sub rogue is too difficult. To play high end its EXTREMELY difficult … and everyoen who says its easy is kidding them selfs ! eeven with the changes that have been made to it …… havign to keep track of darkest knight and supercharged combo points and shadow dance and making sure like 4 or 5 different things match up perfectly … its FAR too much to track ….. please consider making it easier ? and still maintain its damage profile and burstyness?
More easier? Are you talking about pvp or pve? Just practice your rotation on Dummy for couple hour then you can do it without even look at the keyboard. And thats like 10% skill only out of 100% and you want to be more easy? I havent mention trade cd with each class, triple cc and watching 3 type of dr yet.
Have you tried the rotation assist feature?
Also try using a few UI addons that put the information you need front and center.
Until such times as they bring the class more in-line with modern class design, I’m just going to use the SBA and have fun. I don’t do bleeding edge content, so it doesn’t matter. This is the first time in more than a decade I’ve actually had fun playing my Sub Rogue. I do prefer using multiple buttons on all classes and specs, but if Blizzard wants to be lazy with their development, I’ll be lazy playing their game.
Can’t tell if serious. These forums…
I don’t find it difficult to play. I would just prefer they buff trickster to be on par with deathstalker so I don’t have to deal with death mark. Its just not as fun as coup de grac. Trickster feels better designed and less sloppy. Deathstalker feels like you are playing it wrong even when you aren’t. Death mark randomly disappearing into the void should be fixed. It seriously screws your damage if you can’t reapply it when it decides to disappear.
Midnight Sub Rogue. Difficult. What. Surely you have to be joking?
I gave up on Trickster midway through TWW. Waste of time IMO.
I liked the concept of Trickster and how streamlined it is but it is perpetually underpowered for long stretches of time. FB and DS simply are better designed for Rogue game play.
![]()
Even prior to starting to use OBA this patch, I can’t say I’ve been having the same issues as OP or Rogue-Forums Trump, but then again, I’m wired different.
I will say though that OBA on Subtlety is programmed pretty well, sans the all-specs gripe of poisons being part of it if you don’t remember to re-apply them manually. So if it’s just a matter of keeping track, use that and try the Cooldown Manager they added.
Barring that, remember that all classes and specs were tuned for better consistent damage this pass and less emphasis on burst. So even if things don’t line up 100% perfect, don’t sweat it terribly. Just do what you’re supposed to be doing on the norm.
This is how we know you play no endgame content. DS is terrible to play around.
I agree. There’s something about Deathstalker that doesn’t feel right. I tried it a few times this past week and couldn’t get the sustained dps that I get with Trickster. Maybe I’m missing somehting.
Yeah. Its a dog
hero tree.
Its convoluted and doesn’t play in the enjoyable simplistic way sub normally does. Turns the spec into a watching buffs spec and thats not at all sub. If you don’t watch your death mark stacks, darkest night, ancient arts, then you will do more damage as trickster. Do all that and death stalker is absurdly better then trickster. I do like 70k more dps in mythic + as death stalker. The balance is very borked right now.
Sub rogue is the easiest of the 3 specs to play, what do you mean lol. Darkest night is easy to track and supercharged only happens when you shadow dance so I’m confused on how it’s hard to track?
as someone that’s always loved Sub from an aesthetic stance… sub is the easiest spec and has been for ages. Now it’s got some complexity but it’s not exactly a headscratcher
Rogue rotation is like 2 buttons what are we talking about here folks
it’s about as hard as fury warrior
As long as you understand the fundamentals of how to proc an Apex clone attack on a Darkest Night buffed Eviscerate as your first or second finisher in Dance with Supercharger, that’s like 98% of the gameplay.
Its easy to overthink but really not terribly complicated, theres just not one cookie cutter way to do it like there was with Trickster just hitting the same Dance+Secret Technique macro for every single Dance
Getting obliterated by secret techniques rng is really getting tiresome. It should not take 5+ seconds with slice and dice up to get to 5 stacks. Can’t even press backstab or they get wasted. Midnight subtlety feels so awful compared to tww. I don’t want secret techniques tied to auto attacks and it sure as hell shouldn’t be rng dependent. Its slop.
Its kinda rng, kinda not. You’re guaranteed a stack every fourth auto attack if you don’t get one from the second or third. The tooltip is notoriously misleading bc it just lists a flat chance when its really tied to the stacked-deck system
I agree that it’s not the easiest spec to play. You have to constantly be smashing your next button because it’s all instants. You need to be thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead in your rotation.
Training dummies help you practice but ultimately you have to step away from them and be bad before you git gud, or even become acceptable.
One button rotation is great and I use it in PvE all the time. In PvP its basically always wrong because it will prioritize AoE over focusing on the player you want to kill.
I’m still working on mastering my rotation because the nature of being a burst class means some openers are bangers and some are duds even if I’m doing them right.
It’s fun though XD I like rogue the most of my characters.