Sub rogue AoE

imo blackpowder is a very boring rotation for sub rogue in AoE

basic explanation: Single target abilities proc Secret Technique on targets with Rupture. and Black powder increases damage of Secret Technique

itd be cool if the AoE worked a bit like shadow priest’s Psychic Link+Shadowy Apparitions. where your Backstab, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, deal a a percentage of the damage onto targets that have Rupture. While Shadow Blades makes your next Rupture hit x3 targets in a set yard range of each other. while Black Powder would apply Find Weakness increasing the damage dealt by Secret Technique

1 Like

crimson tempest was the SUPER aoe rogue had but it was remove because i was one of the rare rogues who learned how to make it crit for 120k when most would have it hit for 20k.

shuriken storm (edit) was the key to the new rogue aoe, but it was recently nerfed.

the way to achieve good aoe as a rogue revolves around potions and trinkets now. my aoe is sick when i need it. but its no where near what i could do with the old crimson tempest aoe tricks.

1 Like

Clearly…

[Saifu - Archimonde - Warcraft Logs](https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/archimonde/saifu?zone=33#)

1 Like

never mind, this is essentially what the tier set does right now lol

1 Like

what. i rarely pve anymore. i pve’d mostly due vanilla. you act lke im gonna aoe in pve. i dont even alter my build for pve anymore. pve is easymode.

i am strictly talking PVP.

1 Like

Thank you master Saifu.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

Sub sustain aoe is very bad.

One of the worst.

Pre rework the sustain aoe was far better.

I also think that the removal of seal fate basically killed any chance that sub had to be decent at around 2/5 targets.

2 Likes

sub sustain aoe isnt hard to do.

can literally spam over and and over and over. it just doesnt have the BIG power it use to like crimson tempest.

the trade off is now:

also… sub aoe grants shield. my shield goes from roughly 15-60k. 60k is high end trick.

so yes, sub aoe is crazy because doing so can grant a large shield.

1 Like

It literally doesnt have any power. Stop capping. Youre not doing any aoe damage as sub unless youre in your CDs, same as ST.

Master saifu you always deliver the goods. Thank you.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

it’s meant to be a combo point spammable AOE button, it just doesn’t do enough damage.

It’s not that crimson tempest is necessarily superior, right now they are basically different abilities.

Tempest is a relatively strong AOE dot but you don’t really spam it as it would be a waste. Powder is instead a spammable, so it does less damage per execute, it’s just that right now it does too little damage per execute

1 Like