Sub Question for Possible SL?

Good morning/afternoon everyone,

I haven’t played sub in quite some time. It used to be one of my fav specs.
Currently, I see dual daggers. Will that stay for SL as well? Or would we have an option for a 1h in the off-hand? I love the aesthetic of wielding one dagger and a fist weapon ect.

you dont have to use dual daggers… just main hand.

I thought using a 1h sword for off hand is a no go since we gain energy from auto attacks?

1. Secret Techniques has a 50% to proc on every 4th auto, and a 100% chance to proc on every 5th. That means higher offhand attackspeed will proc ST more often, but the thing is, we usually don’t count on ST for the energy. Energy sustain has been tied to each expansion’s borrowed power, whether it was Artifact + Legendaries in Legion or Essences in BfA, and the combo point for ST is a way bigger deal than the crappy 8 energy.

2. In a raid setting, you generally would go for double daggers to have not-crap attack speed, but In M+, you already build more CP than you can spend with Shuriken Storm. So, a lot of Sub rogues will run main hand dagger and off hand Raden fist, because we have CP to spare but 0 AoE in our base kit.

3. With all that said, it really doesn’t matter what you build on live server Sub. Mechanically, the spec isn’t any worse than every other post-Legion spec in the game, but the numbers are just not there. It’s a wet noodle spec that can’t be saved by anything aside from a straight 15% damage buff.

4. Regarding Shadowland, Sub will becomes a completely different spec once again in the next expansion. Even though the new kit seems pretty set in stone already, number tuning on basic stuff like damage and proc rates will still dictate everything. Maybe we’ll be a worthless piece of garbage again; maybe our new AoE finisher will be so overtuned that we use it instead of Evisc even on single target; maybe we grow wings and become the third Demon Hunter spec instead, we really just can’t know.

I would start to cry if that ever happened lmao