STV Currency

So, with P3 in sight… is the general consensus to spend STV tokens on Honor, or Arathi rep (via lumber)?

I recognize that the incoming phases may change things… I just have a ton of tokens I’d like to get rid of before P3 hits.

Thanks! Good day!

Honor would probably be the best thing to stock up on. You’ll need 110k in week 1 to go to rank 7. So if you want to access the honor gear quickly that’d be the way to do it.

That’s what I am thinking… the high-end honor stuff takes a TON of honor to access (Warlord/FM) and Arathi gear may not match up with the future phases? Maybe none of the honor gear will?

You can only get to Rank 5 right now, Sergeant Major for Alliance and Cave King or whatever it’s called for the horde. So if you aren’t there yet you might as well spend on that. Then I would prio AB rep, you will be happy you did when you have fresh epics the second you hit level 60…

They have already stated you won’t be able to stack honor through old STV coins to get to higher ranks next phase. The phrase was that you can use old coins to: “…allow for a head start, but not a full Ranking skip.” So you wont be able to use old coins to even get a single full rank.

And you wont be able to use the old coins to get the level 50 BM gear, you will need the new Massacre Coins.

1 Like

The other question I have… because I honestly don’t remember what the rules were in Vanilla.

If you purchase honor gear (say at Warlord/FM and above)… do you have to maintain that rank in order to continue using the gear?

I remember PvP ranks used to deteriorate over time… so you could be one of the top two PvP ranks one week… but end up a rank or two down if you took a break from PvP. I would find that very concerning if there was an opportunity to “lose” gear if you lost rank due to not PvP’ing.

no you dont

There’s not honor deterioration in SOD, you will never lose honor. So everyone that hits Rank 14 will stay there until the end of the season.

In classic there was only a SINGLE Rank 14 each week per faction, you bought your epic weapons then you stopped PVPing and let someone else get the rank the following week. You would no longer be Rank 14, but you could still use the weapons.

i wonder if we’ll actually get milestones for each rank as stated rather than having to blow it out in one week…

Also, I forgot to say it… but thank you for the clarification and additional info!

I appreciate the backup here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a great day!

1 Like