Stupid maintenance move?

It’s Tuesday Morning, go to work or outside or something. Quit whining about maintenance.

2 Likes

I was just noticing that on the server list, Faerlina is the only one with Medium population.

1 Like

That was the server restart, it was back up within minutes, the services went offline some minutes after that, there was a small window where people could log back in and stay logged in.

1 Like

That’s not what happened.

They shut down the servers, rebooted servers before shutting off battle.net services so if you got in before the latter, you’re in.

Same thing happened to me. Some just got lucky.

1 Like

Damn, now that’s stupid :worried:

No One is playing atm. Stop trolling.

Ignorance is bliss?

Im playing at the moment. But my boyfriend cant log on to play. I logged back on just to check if the servers were up. He took longer =(

Not completely true. I happened to log in about a minute before the servers went offline. It disconnected me and I haven’t been able to log back in since.

He isn’t trolling. There definitely are some people playing right now.

1 Like

same here, server literally went offline.

Yeah, after the short restart I was able to log in for like 5 mins but then got kicked out again and now can’t even log in to battlenet

Well, isn’t that just frustrating. :rage:

I had just logged in right before they disconnected everyone. (I missed the maintenance notice). I waited about 20 minutes before trying to log back in to see if it was possibly a shorter or quick reset.

Edit: Lol, oh well, so it goes!

I am not home or near anything that would update me about possible server restarts or updates being pushed. I’m assuming it was a rolling update? Not sure how they have things set up behind the scenes as it’s a game and different from a web service, but what generally happens during a rolling update is the existing services remain up and non-updated for people who were already connected to the service. At the same time new servers/instances are spun up to be updated. When those are finished updating any new traffic is routed to the new servers. It’s a way to keep services up during an update and load balance traffic.

Edit: Again, not sure what happened as people are saying different things here. But if it was truly a rolling update and you are complaining about that then maybe we should go back to servers being down for everyone for a 4+ hours during an update? You guys will complain about everything.

Some people are locked out and some are not

1 Like

is this the next civil rights movement?

its called equality.

Yeah why should asmongold play and I can’t >< lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Blizzard silently changed how /who worked as it seems they intend to keep layering around.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-just-hotfixed-the-ability-to-detect-layers-using-who-command