Stupid maintenance move?

Well, isn’t that just frustrating. :rage:

I had just logged in right before they disconnected everyone. (I missed the maintenance notice). I waited about 20 minutes before trying to log back in to see if it was possibly a shorter or quick reset.

Edit: Lol, oh well, so it goes!

I am not home or near anything that would update me about possible server restarts or updates being pushed. I’m assuming it was a rolling update? Not sure how they have things set up behind the scenes as it’s a game and different from a web service, but what generally happens during a rolling update is the existing services remain up and non-updated for people who were already connected to the service. At the same time new servers/instances are spun up to be updated. When those are finished updating any new traffic is routed to the new servers. It’s a way to keep services up during an update and load balance traffic.

Edit: Again, not sure what happened as people are saying different things here. But if it was truly a rolling update and you are complaining about that then maybe we should go back to servers being down for everyone for a 4+ hours during an update? You guys will complain about everything.

Some people are locked out and some are not

1 Like

is this the next civil rights movement?

its called equality.

Yeah why should asmongold play and I can’t >< lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Blizzard silently changed how /who worked as it seems they intend to keep layering around.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-just-hotfixed-the-ability-to-detect-layers-using-who-command