Stuck updating-

getting bnet app stuck in updating loop.
keeps downloading 37mb patch and update fails after fetching.

pls don’t tell me i have to re download 70 gb again.
<3

I’m also having this problem “Something went wrong with a file. We’re not sure what caused it, so pleast try again or click the code below for more information. Sorry about that!”

I clicked the link and going to see if any of that fixes this.

1 Like

Howdy!

This is generally related to an unstable connection. Such as packet loss occurring corrupting the data. I would recommend to try the following:

1. Power Cycle the home network to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider(ISP).
    → Once the network is back online with the system, flush your DNS cache using the commands Here.

Retest. If the issue continues, please run a 5-minute WinMTR to host IP: 137.221.105.2 Then post the results back here for review!

Thank you.

umm what is going on? anyone else having this issue? I was able top play wow since this morning, i logged off for a break, i am trying to log online but it keeps telling me to update, I click the update button then it says fetching download manifest and stops at 37.38/37.38 mb
then gives me an error message and says…

( Something went wrong with a file. we’re not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code below for more info.)

i click ok and rinse and repeat i am going in a loop! Just want to play some wow… shat should i do???

2 Likes

Have u tried fully logging in and outa the app.

I am having that same issue too. I was logged in earlier and closed my game client to eat and when I came back it asked to update. Hitting the button only comes up with error BLZBNTAGT00000840

Scan and repair does nothing, closing the app and re-opening does nothing…

2 Likes

Also having this problem, going to try to do everything the link says to do besides reinstalling the game, I really don’t think I should have to do that. I think another patch should come to fix their first patch that causes this issue.

I don’t want to reinstall tge game!!! Dx I did restart my laptop! I updated my addons on Twitch! I am launching the game from Twitch! WoW Client popped up! I didn’t log into bnet tho, Going to see if this works!

1 Like

I wasn’t able to reply to you some reason cause i replied to someone else on my dk but i got in!!!

Log into WoW Through the Twitch Client! I think bnet is having issues! I got in the game. The WoW Client popped up and i logged in typing my Email and Pw

Click the Play Button on Twitch Platform

I shared this to the CS on twitter this is what they said:

2 Likes

Hi! I got in game! Launch wow in Twitch Platform, The WoW Client will pop up and you enter email and pw. Maybe Bnet is having issues or something, i dunno, i was able to log into bnet but can’t launch game there some reason.

Try that and see if it works! :slight_smile:

Same thing is happening to me at the moment. I’m doing a scan and repair right now. Hopefully this works. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info!

tried everything to fix the problem, still having the issue, im not deleting the game to try and fix this, with my internet it will take days to download just a chunk of the game

Hi! you can log into the game for now using Twitch Platform thats how i got in,
bnet having issues, WoW Client will open if you launch game from Twitch Play Button where you upload your addons, enter your email and pw.

I got in like that! :slight_smile:

I’m having no luck with that workaround. I now get a pop up saying that their is an updated version to WoW via the Bnet and forces it closed ._.;

P.S. scan and repair still isn’t helping…

this has got to be on blizzards end

Possibly, but I’m not sure. Both my kids just updated and had no issues. They’re playing right now. I, however, am stuck and can’t get the update to work.

Did all 3 of you update your game clients at the same time?

the update still not working for me and still giving me something went wrong error, i dont know if the twitch login way around works but that what i did and got in earlier, still i hope they fix this soon!

I just restarted my computer and launched the bnet app and it finished updating.

Edit: I had used tasked manager to close blizzard apps earlier so I though I didn’t need to restart my computer, but now I am glad I did so.

1 Like