Stuck updating wow initializing 0%

Step 3 of the link worked for me. I did have to tell the launcher where my game folder was again, but it immediately updated and was playable again.

1 Like

I tweeted to Blizzard CS and they said they are aware and working on it.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble try this:

While the downloader is running go to where you have WoW installed and run the exe. Make sure you go to the actual location of WoW.exe and not the default World of Warcraft shortcut on the desktop.

I’ve tried all suggestions here, including starting from the WoW.exe - no go, looks like i’ll have to wait for blizz to sort this mess out.

1 Like

Two force quits, two restarts of computer, trying to open from the .exe, scan and repair. All no gos for me.

2 Likes

I have tried it all, from clearing caches, cookies, flushing DNS, restarting router, turning off the computer, uninstalling battle.net and reinstalling, running as administrator, clearing all tasks for task manager but to no avail. Still stuck in endless loop of “initializing 0%”. Is this on their end?

2 Likes

I youtube’d how to delete cache for battlenet and it worked. I deleted Blizzard Entertainment folder. I made sure I exited app and closed everything in Task Manager to make sure nothing was left open. Just youtube it it’ll fix the issue. It worked for me. Good luck!

1 Like

Can you link the video you watched?

I’m going on 3 hours

Yessir

2 Likes

Mine’s fixed itself now. Played Classic for an hour, came back to live and it downloaded right away

Yes it’s annoying!

I tried for 2 gave up. Hopefully it fixed itself overnight lol

It did for me. I just started the launcher and it updated with no problems.

How To Clear Battle.net Cache On Windows PC | Delete Battle.net Cache Folder - YouTube

This worked for me. I renamed the folder rather than deleting it. Battle.net created a new folder and the game came right up. Thanks.

I’m still unable to get it to work. It goes from updating to stuck on scanning. It scans then rescans over and over. I’ve tried deleting file didn’t work. I’ve tried to sign in as admin didn’t work. I’ve put in a ticket on the 5th of October it’s been over 24 hours and I haven’t gotten a response . I’m so ready to be done with this game…sad that I’ve already bought the new expac!

Just curious how many folks here pre-ordered Dragonflight ? Seems like that when my issues started. Tried every suggestion I have read, nothing works. Thinking about doing a complete re-install of the game.

I got the pre-order when it first came out but I’m just now experiencing the issue.

Just came back after a year or so and have not had anything battle.net or wow related on this PC at all, pre-ordered and hit battle net and install brings up battle.net and starts to update with out installing the game or claimed it did in under 1 second, then just sits there on update and initializing 0% for hours .

Ah, tried the " Solution 4. Run Blizzard App in a Selective Startup " and that seemed to work, guess work VPN even though it was off was interfering.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.