Stuck on the void elf unlock

I’m working my way through the Argus quest chain for the void elf unlock and am now at the third of the storylines (War of Light and Shadow, for the ‘You Are Now Prepared’ achieve) and simply cannot pick up the Seat of the Triumvirate quest from Velen.

I went back and did my initial relic weapon quest (I read somewhere that this might be an issue), I have moved the Vindacaar all over the place (it’s over Mac’Aree atm), and I have done the previous storylines.

I guess there are a few random quests around (Illidan and Turalyon both have quest chains to give me) but from everything I’ve read those are not pre-reqs for this chain.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the holdup is?

You do need to complete “Where They Least Expect It” from Illidan to continue on. (It can get overlooked as it gets offered much earlier in the chain, and as it doesn’t block the earlier parts, people assume it’s not needed.)

The other common sticking point for War of Light and Shadow is after you turn in “We Have a Problem” at the conservatory beacon. Sometimes the phasing can be wonky and Turalyon won’t offer the needed next quests. Usually relogging or running a bit away from the beacon point will resolve this.

Beyond that, do you remember what the last quest you did is?

Edit:

So, you were able to turn in “Shadow of the Triumvirate” but not pick up “The Seat of the Triumvirate?” Due to the RP that occurs with “The Seat of the Triumvirate” things can get a bit weird, but you’d have to be able to pick up the quest first to run into that problem. Have you tried (with the ship over Mac’Aree) to port down to Mac’Aree and then back? That might reset stuff.

Well, did that and Velen disappeared on the ship. Not sure what to do at that point.

And no, I finished the first two achievements (The Assault Begins and Dark Awakenings), but couldn’t start the third at all. Wowhead says it starts with The Seat of the Triumvirate.

“The Seat of the Triumvirate” is about halfway through “War of Light and Shadow.” “Where They Least Expect It” is technically the first quest, although as mentioned, it’s weird as it’s offered much earlier. The first story quest for it is “We Have a Problem.”

The general flow for The War of Light and Shadow is that you start off looking for Velen. You find him, and then begin chasing Talgath while trying to learn where the last macguffin is. Once you’ve confronted Talgath and found out where the crest is, you go back to the ship. That’s when “The Seat of the Triumvirate” is available. From there, you help Alleria on her journey to voidiness and eventually are lead to the dungeon to finish the storyline.

this quest is making me want to quit