Stuck on "Return Lost Souls" after switching Covenant. (Was told to re-post this here)

I switched from Kyrian to Night Fae but unfortunately I forgot to turn in the Kyrian version of “Return Lost Souls” before I switched incorrectly assuming it would auto-abandon

This means I’d be stuck at 5/6 possible renown level this week and potentially next week

I cannot abandon this quest as the option is completely greyed out…and unfortunately due to the location of the Kyrian covenant’s turn in…it is literally impossible for me to get there now

I tried having another Warlock summon me to Elysian Hold and got promptly booted. I also tried jumping off a cliff at a few angles and it didn’t work either

I was able to pick up the Night Fae version of the quest after re-logging. But unfortunately I can’t get credit. Most likely because the Kyrian version is still 5/5

My ticket says I should go to WoWhead or…post here. I don’t suppose there’s something else I can do?

4 Likes

Im having the same issue, switched from kyrian to necro. I have the quest for both but since I can’t abandon the previous It won’t give me credit. Hopefully someone knows how to fix it and hopefully it won’t carry over next week.

Fold your hands and pray that this abandons itself at the end of the week, allowing you to obtain the Redeemed Souls weekly from your new covenant, where you can actually turn it in.

It’s not able to be abandoned from the quest log, and given the turn in at 5/5 rescued souls is located somewhere unable to be accessed? Potentially disastrous if this weekly carries over into the next week expecting you to complete the prior first (or, have that prior considered to be every following new week’s quest until the player finally turns it in).

This is a nasty oversight. I read somewhere that redeemed souls stay with whichever covenant you completed these weekly deals as, but this is entirely different. In the long run, losing a week progress on this is not a big deal at all. I’d be more worried about how this’ll play out this coming Tuesday if they don’t address this.

Why can’t this quest be abandoned? That would solve everything.

1 Like

Well…shoot

Ima hope there’s a fix soon/some GM’s delete this quest for me because 1 week of catchup? Sure. Multiple weeks without being able to complete a weekly quest? Oh boy…

Im also having the same issue, switched from Venthyr to Kyrian.

Edit: Looks like you can continue to get this same exact quest but from your current covenant appear, despite having the other covenant versions in your quest log still.

Edit 2: Quest stays at 0/5, not able to be completed. See below post from Ghazgkul

Well unfortunately this isn’t the issue

Eyesore? I can untrack and ignore it forever no problemo

But…I cannot get credit for the new version of the quest and cannot abandon it either so I actually AM locked out of obtaining Renown

My concern is…will I be stuck forever unable to catch up because I’m always unable to get a weekly renown quest done

Oh, interesting

I’ll try to complete it later some time on my character with this issue to see if I can replicate the problem + return here after

Yup, same exact thing is happening to me now that I actually go into the Maw and smash stone prisons + attempt to collect the souls, clickable option and little soul crystal with me and everything.

Stays at 0/5 progress.

Two of these quests are in my quest log “Return Lost Souls”. One Fae, one Kyrian. Fae one complete, unable to be turned in, unable to be abandoned, and then the Kyrian one (new covenant, current covenant) stuck at 0/5.

Putting back in an additonal note, when I made a ticket regarding this bug, the response was simply to “abandon the quest” (it cannot be abandoned, the option is fully greyed out). I don’t blame them for not understanding since this is a very weird and new situation.

Definitely a pretty big bug. Players with this issue will need some kind of fix, or they’re otherwise forced to swap covenants an additional 2 times (to the covenant you left with the quest turn in only accessible by that covenant itself, then back again to desired covenant after turning in quest) to potentially clear this past completed “Return Lost Souls”. Only assuming that would work to fix this, that is.

Also, warn every player possible to have zero covenant-related quests in your quest log when switching covenants.

Yep, warned my guild because theres a bunch of people who are switching this week after the updated guides on Wowhead. Some made fun of me, but I sure hope the rest of them appreciate it and don’t repeat my mistake

I just hope that because there’s multiple people this issue gets noticed and fixed and/or doesn’t carry over to next week

I have the same issue, and the response I received from the Blizzard was completely unacceptable. We CAN’T abandon the old quest, and resetting UI and disabling all addons does NOT work. Our characters are literally trapped in this position until they resolve the issue on their end, and like others have mentioned above I fear our characters will now be behind everyone else since we are being prevented from progressing with our reknown this week.

THIS IS SO FRUSTATING. WHY DID THE GAME SHIP WITH BUGS LIKE THIS.

In the long run it won’t be too much of a worry for sanctum upgrades, and the renown will be easy to catch up. For just this week, yeah, locked at lvl 4 renown and unable to obtain 5 redeemed souls. I believe future Return Lost Souls quests give significantly more, as another sort of “catch-up” in this regard. No worse than a character/player that chooses to level later than everyone else.

Still posting to hopefully get a response. If these quests carry over next week, the result is pretty nasty: we cannot complete any Return Lost Souls quests with our current covenant. We have two versions of this quest, one complete, one at 0/5, can’t progress on the new one and can’t turn in the old one.

If all Return Lost Souls quests get automatically abandoned at the end of the week, then some sort of way or reply to confirm that would be fantastic. It would solve everything. It makes no sense why past covenant quests can’t be abandoned. We can’t turn them in. The 0/5, unable to progress quest really does scream “bug” though. So it isn’t unrealistic to be worried about this + want a response.

Exact same issue here.

I’m in the same situation as all of you. Only difference for me is I had ZERO covenant quests in my log when I switched. I picked up the Return lost Souls quest from my new covenant, when I completed it, it says my turn in point is at my old sanctum. Long story short, in the same situation as all of you. Though I did not think about the weekly reset clearing old weekly quests that hadn’t been turned in, I hope our situation is resolved that simply.

Same situation.

I cannot turn in the quest “Return Lost Souls”. I switched from Venthyr to Necrolords and the quest was active with teh Venthyr covenant. I cannot visit the area to turn it in, and the items will not spawn in The Maw for me to pick up for the Necrolord covenant. It will also not let me abandon the Venthyr quest that I cannot turn in.

Bump. Although there is no hope of getting this fixed this week, maybe next week. I suspect people with this issue will be permanently behind even with any catchup systems.

I’m also experiencing this same exact situation going from Night Fae to Kyrian. “Return Lost Souls” 5/5 and can’t turn it in to Night Fae and can’t complete the Kryian version. Submitted a bug report and also submitted a ticket to Blizzard 4 days ago now and I’m just watching the response time go up from 5 days to 10 days now. Automated response saying to check wowhead and post on forums. Made a post and also replied to a few similar ones. Hopefully the weekly reset solves this issue, if not I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Just got a response from a GM:

*Thanks for contacting us about your Lost souls quest, as you completed the quest but didnt hand it in before changing your Covenant it was not removed from your log automatically on changing over (it can only do that for uncompleted Covenant quests). We have reported this problem to the Devs as the GM team has no way of removing the quest or handing it in for you once the Dev team has fix they will apply it to the game.

So I’ll continue to bump this until the Dev’s figure it out.

1 Like

I just got the same response, as well as this bit at the end

This quest is only meant to be completed once a week, so it can not be abandoned or handed in if you change, it will spawn again next reset on your new convenant.

So here’s to hoping the weekly reset just deletes the old quest and we aren’t stuck anymore

It’s not ideal, but we got something folks…I guess, heres hoping this gets fixed with the weekly reset