Stuck on Retrieving character list

Last night at approximately 9pm server time, I completed a t8 bountiful delve, claimed the loot at the end, and then tried to leave the delve. The delve would not let me leave, and it trapped me in an inescapable room surrounded by 2 delve fog entrance and exit walls. I decided to hearth, which worked, but when I made it back to Dornogal I DC’d. When I tried to reconnect, I noticed instantly that my character select was empty and the “Retrieving character list” popup was not going anywhere. I let the game sit there for about an hour before I tried to close and re-open the game. Same problem again. I verified the integrity of my files, deleted my cache, removed my WTF and Interface folders, reset my router, and virtually everything else that was sent to me in the support ticket and nothing worked. Please for the love of god fix this issue, my game has been unplayable for 17 hours now, and I am raiding tomorrow. Blizzard support in my ticket was next to useless as well, other than linking me a bunch of articles that I had already read, they just told me to go to the forum and ask there??? Isn’t their job supposed to be to help? Why would they make you scroll through the forum instead of helping you solve the issue?

I can log into retail wow on a different account, as well as log into classic wow on this account. Retail wow on this account just does not allow me to play the game

2 Likes

MODS ! Help this man now ! ! !

-thnx x o x

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me, I was in Myomancer Cavern and both exits were just walls. I couldn’t hearth out so I just alt +f4’d. It teleported me outside the delve which was chill, but whenever I made it back to Dornogal, I wanted to level my DK. Logged out and never was able to log back into the game. This was also at 9pm. It’d crash at like 80%, but not I just have the “Retrieving character list” pop up. I tried to log into my account on my partner’s pc because he can play retail on his. Can’t log in on his pc, so it’s not a PC issue. Def just Blizz.

1 Like

Still happening to you??? I’ve been through an ungodly amount of support tickets and they keep saying its my computer’s/ internet’s fault and I keep telling them that it genuinely cannot be. I’m am positive the delve it happened to me in was Myomancer Cavern as well. Were we in the same group?

1 Like

You could try to get a ticket to unstuck the character you DC’d on. It’s worth a try, I guess.

1 Like

Yeah, I just updated my currently up ticket asking if they could at least try to unstuck my char. I tried to manually unstuck on the support website, but the only chars that appear on the list are my wow classic chars, which i can already log into and play just fine. But that’s a great idea.

1 Like

You tried logging out of blizzard launcher/ browser as well? If you have I got no more ideas lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve logged onto different accounts and opened retail wow and played on those accounts. I can play every single wow related thing, other than retail on my specific subbed account, which is why I am 100% sure its an account data problem and not a file/ internet problem.

1 Like

Well if this issue isn’t fixed they should give you a month sub for an alt account at least. Sucks paying for something you can’t even play.

1 Like

I agree, my account being unplayable for 24 hours is already pushing it, but we are at the 28 hour mark and im seeing no signs of progress. Thank you for your suggestions! Your interaction with this forum post will hopefully allow blizz to see it (fingers crossed)

1 Like

There have been lots of people stuck in delve limbo’s recently, I’ve avoided that content in fear it will happen to me.

1 Like

Keep your head down! This sucks! It happened to me right as my weekend started for work, and im missing my guilds normal and heroic raid nights if its not fixed, so I’m down 90% of my great vault

1 Like

Yeah, I still can’t log in. I did the delve solo :frowning: so it seems to be an issue with that delve i guess. I kept getting non helpful AI responses, I tried everything they said + more. I tried the unstuck character thing and it says I don’t have any WoW characters. I hope it fixes before tuesday

1 Like

Oh no then its a blizzard issue if it cant read account data. This will not be solved over the weekend RIP.

1 Like

We are living the same exact life right now dude. THE SECOND I learn anything useful you will be the first person to know. We will get through this together.

2 Likes

Time to twiddle your thumbs on classic LOL

1 Like

Thank god RWF is going on right now so I can at least watch other people die to the raid lmao

1 Like

If it starts working for me somehow or if I figure out anything, I’ll let you know. I’m sorry that stinks that you’ll be down vault items :frowning: it’s the worst that it happened right before the weekend. RWF will keep me occupied too haha

1 Like

We will get through this together, and hopefully blizzard will give us some compensation or something. I’m most likely going to miss out on my 4 set, but its alright, now that I know I’m not the only person that it is happening to there has been a HUGE weight off my shoulders. We are united through suffering

1 Like

This is such a frustrating issue! Hopefully you receive some type of equivalent game time credit or something.

1 Like