Stuck on retrieving character list

Same here on Stormrage… ever since maintenance ended I can’t log in, I’m perpetually stuck on the retrieving character list. :frowning:

Experiencing this for the first time after today’s maintenance.

Seems to be a server side issue, but seeing how some people are logged in while others aren’t, means there must be a way to fix it. Other than an old fix from 2011 which I’m not going to bother trying, guessing they’ll resolve it eventually.

got logged into my rogue and started the awakening machine event. Event bugged so i exited game. logged back on and stuck on loading. Closed game and reopened, now i to am stuck on Retrieving character list.

1 Like

This is a fun time :slight_smile: Thanks, Bliz!

Update: I am now able to retrieve my character list and log in on Akama.

help please cant log in

The awakening event was the last thing i did before i logged off and now i cant get back in. I think it could be the issue

Last think I did before this issue occurred was a Delve and then port back to the main city.

Deleted WTF folder nad was able to log in

We shouldn’t have to remove the WTF folder on a Triple-A game, GG Bliz… HOWEVER, I can confirm that removing the WTF folder does get you in. I advise to save the folder to your desktop or somewhere else before deleting it though.

Same. Illidan and Stormrage.

Luckily, Early Access wasn’t just a short-term money-grab and it actually helped smooth the overall launch for everyone.

Same, Kul Tiras

same here, maybe we can have another 4 hour maintenance tomorrow to fix todays maintenance

1 Like

The maintenance will continue until morale improves.

2 Likes

I am having issues just trying to log out …it just hangs there for mins and not log me out…I have to Alt F4 out…

Same. Apparently early access wasn’t invested into the servers.

It sucks but they’re trying

Cant log into main character it says “a character with that name already exists”

UPDATE :Ok closing out the Battlenet launcher and restarting worked and now I can log back in my main character.

1 Like

Same issue with stuck on retrieving characters. Alt+F4 out of the game, closed battle.net launcher, reloaded and now working.

1 Like