Stuck in No Longer Existing Guild Apparently

Got a guild problem. My character Lavendarhaze on Demon Soul is in a guild that I made years ago, Cult of Pepe. I forgot about this guild and think she was one of the characters I moved servers a while back.

The issue is she still shows in the guild, as the only member. She has no access to anything though and the interface says I’m not in a guild. I tried joining another guild and it says I’m in a guild and won’t let me. But I have no access to the guild bank as it again says I’m not in a guild. I tried /gquit but nothing happened.

I’m stuck. How do I get unstuck? I can’t control the guild, I can’t leave the guild because it then says I’m not in one, but I can’t join another guild because it says I am in one. I’m not opposed to keeping this guild as long as I can access it and it works right, otherwise I just want my character freed of it.

You will probably have to open a ticket on this one sounds lije the guild possibly tranfered severs while you were gone.

2 Likes

Try shooting a ticket through this path: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1460/ticket

Tickets generally take a day or two-ish at most. I haven’t seen any current times of late to offer a better time frame. Just be warned that the timer you’ll get is not for your ticket specifically, but a general one based on the oldest ticket in the system.

You also may get a templated response first off with some self-help suggestions. If none of them work, then please just hit the button to the tune of “I still need help” and it’ll kick it back in for a GM to review.

Good luck!

[Editing to add…]

There is an article for this, but it’s the same ticket link I provided above.

4 Likes

I’ll try that, TY, I did a search but came up with nothing. How are yall finding those articles? When I went in and searched for guild issues that one didn’t come up.

3 Likes

Sometimes the search is a little less than stellar, I’m afraid. Like I know there is an article for Character Transfer FAQ, but when I search, it’s always on like page 3-5 (since I’m stupid and haven’t yet added it to the short list I keep on hand for easy referencing). I think I just searched “Guild”, then narrowed it to WoW articles, and then just kind of panned through until I found that one. Sometimes if you find an article that is somewhat similar, you’ll luck out and the one you really want is in the three suggested articles.

There isn’t a really clean and easy answer for that, I’m afraid. It’s just a lot of trial and error. :sweat_smile: I’ve got some idea of articles I’ve seen over time either linked here or in searches for other things. I was pretty sure there was one for your issue, but hadn’t quite found it yet when I had posted you the ticket link.

4 Likes

Please don’t troll threads with your completely incorrect conspiracy theories Aovona.

7 Likes

We have seen this pop up from time to time in this forum, related to character and guild services. Usually tuesday or other server downtime will reset this, but in rare cases a GM or a developer might need to push it along.

They often refer to the forums simply to allow players to enter bug reports, not necessarily referring them to the CS forum directly. They could also refer to the other forums for feedback or suggestions for that matter. If the GM staff refer to the forums, it means there is no known issue at the moment, and are sending the player to the forum to directly give the dev team more information, and with that the dev team can craft policies and procedures to the GM team for future tickets.

6 Likes

Often if one finds it difficult to put in a ticket, it could be the issue is not something that can be helped with. In this case, I searched can’t leave guild and found an article wth a direct link to a ticket.

Which was posted already.

Could also be a problem with purchase ticket, listed under the purchases ticket, though most of the time a server reset has been shown to fix these for the most part.

6 Likes

Yes. Because a lot of issues people assume a GM can do - they can’t. There isn’t anything wrong with coming here to ask. It only took a few moments of clicking to get to the proper path, which I shared with OP.

It is a bug, but it’s one that we’ve seen GMs address. It’s something the Devs have approved for them to do. Doesn’t happen often, but occasionally they are given a fix or workaround that has been approved by the Devs.

You mean one that’ll go off script and give a fix or something outside of what has been approved? You don’t. Policies are put into place and they’re uniform. It’s a good thing rather than one person being told one thing and someone else being told another.

But why you’re here just to gripe and complain - it doesn’t belong here. Submit your feedback through the appropriate venues. Posting here with your theories and incorrect assumptions gets you nowhere, I’m afraid.

5 Likes

You don’t hijack someone else’s thread to go off on. I can appreciate your upset, but you’re venting here where it’s only us - your fellow players. I’m pretty sure we’ve covered with with you before.

Bug reports don’t get Blue responses. It is one-way reporting. They’re fixed when they’re fixed - and not breaking fifteen other things in the process. Devs don’t communicate directly with players. It sucks, but that has been their choice in how to handle things.

5 Likes

To be honest, none of what you posted relates to OP and having a guild that no longer exisits. Perhaps if you might read this thread you can understand better the jobs the GM staff does vs the developers.

8 Likes

They’ve been trolling threads with the same narrative. They’ve been getting flagged and removed quickly.

6 Likes