Stuck in infinite loop when I use opera browser

Every time I try to get in the forums I get immediately redirected to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/community/general-discussion/171

Here is a video showing what is happening: https://youtu.be/yaY7VFx8sD8

So far I have tried to repair and reinstall opera, but I keep getting redirected and put in an infinite loop every time I try to get in any section of the forums, the main website and the account website are unaffected by this.

Yes, this happens in Chrome (all recent versions, retail and beta) as well as Firefox. It’s been happening for many weeks now and I’d kinda thought the web site team may have noticed by now.

Currently the only browser that the forums seem to be working in in Microsoft Edge, so I just keep a tab open in that.

This was happening to me in Opera GX, except it was redirecting and endlessly refreshing a Diablo forum post. I would click a direct WoW forum post link or try to access the forums by clicking the forum button from the WoW website and it would act the same. When using the direct link, it would go to the Diablo post and auto-refresh immediately. When accessing manually, it would start happening the instant I clicked “forums”.

Once I cleared my browser history, cache, and cookies, the issue was resolved.

It’s happening to me as well on Chrome version 84.0.4147.105 64-bit.

Any way I try to enter the official forums, whether from a forum link to a specific thread or entering the forums through the official webside, I get redirected to:

So I’m restricted to using Microsoft Edge to browse the WoW forums…

I pressed the log in/log out button repeatedly for some seconds and the loop stopped.

1 Like

I posted with a similar problem months ago (can’t find the post unfortunately) and it’s still happening to me now in Firefox. Fortunately Vivaldi (Chrome based) is working ok so I can post. But it’s a pain having to switch to a different browser just for the Wow Forums :frowning:

edit: I’d just like to thank Dellexi because their suggestion solved the problem for me. I loaded the forums in Firefox and it immediately started on the infinite loop. Then I spammed the login button until I managed to click it before the page reloaded and voila! The forums no longer infinitely reload.

I’m quoting this because this worked like a charm.

I had to spam the log in/log out button a few times as the thread page kept refreshing, but eventually it took me to the login page, and after I logged back in, the insta-redirects and constant refreshes stopped altogether.