Stuck in combat Stormwind Horrific Vision

I was trying to complete the Stormwind Horrific Vision. I had enough sanity to get to boss and use orb from side area. I went to use my orb, and was stuck in combat.

I went and backtracked through the vision to try and rush to find what I was in combat with, but everything was dead.

This is the second bug encountered in a horrific vision with the first one ignored by staff saying too bad so sad. The generic response when looking up this issue that devs have “fixed” the issue is not true at all as it is still happening.

I will not accept missing out on another cloak upgrade because of a bug.

5 Likes

This happened to a friend of mine yesterday as well. Really sucks, and has been a bug in open world content since vanilla. I don’t know what they gotta do to fix it but it’s the reason the majority of my characters are NE =/

I want to type in all caps on this one. It has happened to me twice in a row now, I have yet to complete a Stormwind Horrific Vision because of it. My progression has been neutered by this.

While this is tilting no doubt, you get enough resources to run 3-4 visions per week even after your cloak upgrades are capped. So it won’t permanently kill your progression.

As said above, however, this long-standing bug is why I almost always main a race or class that can drop combat.

1 Like

I actually think I figured it out. The weekly affix was throwing me into combat earlier any time a rune of power dropped and then I’d leave combat when it faded a few moments later. Blizz should be able to fix that by just keeping it from spawning when not in combat. The only fix I can suggest is just don’t wait til it’s too late to drop an orb. It took me about 10 seconds for the ring to leave and combat to drop, 10 seconds that you clearly shouldn’t have to deal with in an event this pressed for time, but it is what it is until it gets fixed. I just hope blizzard steps on the gas on that one.

The only problem though, is for people who have limited time to play and get minimum vision resources, they are losing their limited upgrades due to bugs.

Also, I have seen forum posts where even feign death/vanish is not dropping combat.

Agreed, it’s dumb either way. I was just trying to soften the blow.

This just happened to me as well. How is this not fixed already??

Still haven’t encountered this, any time I’ve been in combat it’s either been with an eyestalk I thought was dead or one of those burrowing tentacles. Or a critter.

What zone is it happening in?

1 Like

This has happened to me a couple times, but since I selected Night Elf at the character creation screen it doesn’t pose an issue.

JUST happened to me. WTF.

Stormwind for me. No tentacles. Nothing. I was out of combat at the end of one section and I know I was because I dropped a sanity orb. Then walked around the block back to the zone in and wanted to top up my sanity before going in. Find out after walking all the way back now I’m in combat with something that I can’t find and can’t see. Dead to sanity loss.

Done with this. No thanks.

Only times I have been stuck in combat in visions have been my own fault. I would like to watch a vod of it if you have one and could link it.

this has happend 5 times across my 3 toons so far on live and it happened (and was reported) on PTR. Blizzard flat out refuses to fix it and they will not refund our wasted vessels.
I’d love to just ignore the system but I’m basically forced to do these.
Go to pug the raid on an alt: “Oh…your only rank 4 cloak?” kick
This has to be the worst system they have come up with to date. Buggy, mandatory, and hardcore timegated.

The least they can do is make it much faster to get vessels, so at least if you lose a vessel your not having to wait DAYS to retry.

Edit: Also wanted to note, after reading some more posts, I have also seen mobs inside walls…could be why some people are getting stuck in combat. Seems to be 10x worse in Stormwind vision, more corners and walls I guess.

1 Like

Of course, I’m not saying that all cases are this, but I suspect that a fair few are.

The only time that I’ve been ‘stuck in combat’ in a vision was my first time in Stormwind, when I didn’t quite get what the tentacles were doing. Since then, I kill every tentacle and have never since been stuck in combat.

At what part were you on? The wings where you have an NPC fighting with you can keep you in combat if you run off and leave the NPC perma fighting with a mob, neither of them will ever kill each other and you’ll forever be in combat. In SW there are also those eyeball stalks that mind flay you, if you aggro them, you’ll forever be in combat since they can’t move to you.

How about this one:

Heading toward Rexxar last night, about 2 big bugs away from his room.

Got perma-dazed and eaten by a nonstop spawning swarm of flying insects, literally was unable to kill one before another dozen had spawned.

That one ruined my run that would have gotten rank 12 cloak, had to burn another vessel for ONE side boss.