Stuck at 35 (help please)

I am playing a re-subbed account, with a new player who has never played before. We cannot find a place, with level 35+ mobs or quests. Chromie does not offer the new player any options to time walk, and we need to play together, because he’s my 85 year old father. Essentially we grind mobs and quests as a way to stay connected during Covid. But, we have tried almost every classic zone, and many of the zones you can port to via the Mage portals in Stormwind. WoD has mobs, but zero quests nor a starting town with an inn, etc. Is this Blizzards way of forcing you into Shadowlands? If you have any advice, please reply. #frustrated :frowning: Thanks,

New players are funneled into BFA content by default. So your choices are either to level there, OR, you guys can go level in WoD content. That will be a level range of 35-40. You can visit the hero’s call board in Stormwind to pick up the quest to send you to Draenor to level.

I ::think:: that brand new players are pushed into BFA questing to level. The game isn’t forcing you into Shadowlands - yet - because you’re not Level 50. So my suggestion would be to see if your father has any quests for Kul’Tiras (assuming you’re Alliance; Zuldazar if Horde). That is likely where you’re going to need to go with him to quest since he is brand new.

Edit: Aww, Zipster beat me to it. hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each expansion has its own range of levels for the zones within it.

• Vanilla” Cataclysm Zones: 10-30

• Burning Crusade Zones: 10-30

• Wrath of the Lich King Zones: 10-30

• Cataclysm Zones: 30-35

• Mists of Pandaria Zones: 10-35

• Warlords of Draenor Zones: 10-40

• Legion Zones: 10-45

• Battle for Azeroth Zones: 10-50

Do those level ranges apply without chromie time?

Thank you all. But I cannot find a portal for either of us to get to BFA, nor am I aware of any quest that sends us to BFA. Can one of you point me at that please?

Yes. They are the levels of zones within the expansions if you did not do chromie time.

Also, hitting BfA and doing the first series of quests that allow you to be shown the portal back to SW/Org seems to open up some access. Just take the BfA portal back to SW and you don’t have to continue the expansion.

1 Like

He does not have any Kul Tiras quests.

You can run a toon through the new leveling area on the island which leads to a trip to BfA from your faction capitol. Just make sure to take the portal out of BfA once you discover it before doing any other BfA quests.

Once you get one toon that far, you never have to do the island again.
The island does end in a dungeon that scales based upon the number of players. The dungeon is repeatable and drops blue gear.

At 35, you’d need to do either WoD, Legion, or BfA.

Both WoD and Legion start from the Hero’s Call/Warchief’s Command board.

For WoD, you want the “Tanaan Jungle” option.
For Legion, you want the “Broken Shore” option.

(Sometimes, you have to “dig” for the starter quest you want from the board by accepting other ones to make the one you want pop up. Fortunately, both the WoD and Legion starters are usually near the “top” on the board.)

For BfA, you can get the starter quest from an NPC standing next to the board.

Something important to note is that if you start in Exile’s reach and don’t exit the tutorial when you get to Stormwind/Orgrimmar, you need to finish up the BfA intro through getting the “Welcome to Zandalar”/“Come Sail Away” achievement, or the starter quests for other content might not show up on the board at all.

3 Likes

ThanK you, I will try these tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Go to Chromie and pick Legion timeline.