Strong female characters

This popped up in my feed and thought it was an interesting (and somewhat in depth for a non-writer) take on Captain Marvel vs Black Widow (from a female writer).

I would say it applied to Sylvanas as well

1 Like

Strong characters can still feel emotions! Strong characters don’t have to win all the time, what makes them strong is that they recover from their failures and keep trying!

10 Likes

23 Likes

The real strong female/heroes are woman doing things for this world i.e. nurses, doctors, teachers, good moms, ect.

Those are the woman to look up to using their talent to better others.

5 Likes

Yet another thinly veiled ‘I hate women’ thread.

5 Likes

Lol yikes…

2 Likes

I don’t mind strong female characters. I do greatly dislike Mary Sue and Gary Stews. Earn it through story.

wiggles toes

13 Likes

What we’ve got here is failure to communicate
Some women, you just can’t reach
So, you get what we had here, last week
Which is the way she wants it
Well, she gets it
And I don’t like it any more than you women

If you could reduce the entire video to a few words, thats exactly what the video was saying

The title is misguided, there is nothing wrong with well-written strong female characters like Kill Bill, Mulan, Toph, Lyanna Mormont etc.

3 Likes

https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ripley1.jpg?fit=620%2C413

4 Likes

Title of video is fine - its the splash screen people are negatively reacting too

Title:
How to write a Strong Female Character… who isn’t toxic and annoying

The way strong females are done in various media is so nauseatingly stupid that I literally groan with disinterest now when the latest tv show or movie or whatever else advertises that has a ‘sooper strong n amazin’ n oh so cool female’ starring in it.

Anyone feel the ground rumble about the same time as the trailer for ‘She Hulk’ came out? That was the vibration from me groaning in boredom.

5 Likes

*EmotionEngine;
ERROR: Segmentation Fault

Eexistential_Query: If :robot: Clampaza :robot: was programmed without emotion-emulating subroutines, can she never truly achieve strong female character status :interrobang: :thinking::melting_face::exploding_head:

That one is a little tough for me to say much on based on the trailer, mainly because she has a similar personality in the comics.

Depends on how they write her throughout the show.

2 Likes

I thought it was from me rolling around one the floor laughing because it looked cheesier than an intergalactic cheese convention.

:cheese:

2 Likes

All the cheese!

1 Like

The CGI looked rough, not sure what was up with that lol.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. I seemed to recall the comic being lit that but it’s been forever since I read it.

:cookie:

Blue cheese > green cheese