Stress test today doesn't require Sub

I just don’t understand why on Earth this is even up for debate.
Active account means purchased game time has been applied to the account. When you have a sub, on your account page it says “active”. If you don’t, it says “inactive”.
Period.

It’s always the undead rogues… right outta nowhere and BAM!

1 Like

1 Like

I’ll see them and have a laugh for you while you play :slight_smile:

Here’s a blue post saying the important part, it’s less vague than just “active” where people can twist what part of their account is active into being what they mean.

It’s literally the subscription that needs to be active.

1 Like

Yes. You must have game time on your game account such that when you look at it in the https://account.blizzard.com/games page, it says “Active” not “Inactive”.

Its not that hard.

1 Like

Well duh…there’s only one part of your account that can be active.

I can’t see who you were replying to, so I don’t know which way you were presenting it.

But, purchasing BFA and having an active account aren’t the same things. One can have an active account but never have purchased BFA.

If you click the link it links to Kaivax’s post…

Once you try to play a character it will tell you that you need time. I can almost guarantee you.

The better question, aside from what active means, is why do people care so much what non-subbed players are doing? I never complained about not being in beta just surprised there is “potential” to be on the stress test today.

As any player that wants classic WHY would you not want this tested with as many people as possible? This test is for a huge feature they’re adding in classic.

As far as non-subs in the beta, who cares. I’m perfect fine waiting to sub when you can reserve a name change. That’ll also make classic seem fresh as I haven’t been burning myself out on trivial content that’s on the beta.

Right, but all you said was “Just saying…”, so I couldn’t tell how you were presenting it.

I have no sub.

I can log in to retail pick my server and see all my characters.
And next to all my characters is (inactive).
I also get a popup asking me if I want to reactivate using one of my tokens.

Because many of the non-subbed players are secretly crying, or trying to convince themselves they have access.

It’s not about shutting you down, it’s about softening the blow when what Blizzard tells you is going to happen happens.

I would be completely fine with letting anyone who has ever purchased World of Warcraft into the stress test, but maybe they’re saving that for Stress Test 3.

Yeah. Retail has pushed the sub check back to the Character List. i.e. The thing none of us can access yet. There’s going to be a lot of upset people soon, asking why they’re being prompted to buy a token or game time.

Maybe, but you don’t know that. You can go make a character on Live right now without a sub. You can level to 20 without a sub. And the Stress Test only goes to 15. So…we’ll know for sure in about 2 and a half hours.

There is a Blue post that flat out says you need a subscription. But we’ll find out how accurate that is soon enough.

Blizzard said we require an Active Game Account to play. There’s no reason why they would lie about that, and they’re not accidentially saying it.

Words have meaning, and those words refer to the game account listed on this page:

https://account.blizzard.com/games

Your BattleNet account doesn’t even have to have a WoW game account if you only play Hearthstone and Overwatch.

Maybe. We’ll find out.

1 Like

And vice versa.