Stress Test Details – June 19

Oh, totally.

I meant them telling us which servers had which settings like:

Server 1 had a layer pop of 5000 and 2 layers.
Server 2 had a layer pop of 3000 and 4 layers.
Server 3 had a layer pop of 1000 and 15 layers.

1 Like

Oh, I gotcha. I agree. They’ll more do a blanket statement, not a play-by-play breakdown.

i need this now!!! D:

Be pretty pointless, Asmongold would only be part of the stress test for less than 3 hours unless some other reason is created/discovered for him to be there.

Most people in the closed beta will only be around for the stress test as long as they’re not able to play the closed beta. And as Blizzard has been silent on that so far, it’s possibly they may not even be compelled to participate.

You’re absolutely right. Just by looking at the only large poll of over 18 thousand respondents, 7.8 % is a much smaller number than 2.2%.
/s

But since that wasn’t an official blizzard poll, including millions that abjectly hate the idea of classic, the respondents must have been bots, liars and such. Totally worthless data. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can any blue give a response on why they’re neglecting their customers who enjoy both PVP AND RP?? It has been shown by user-made polls that RP-PVP realms are a bigger demand than RP ones!! Why are you still refusing to give us just ONE RP-PVP realm on launch? It doesn’t feel good to have to wait until later to start leveling your main… I say this because in my personal situation, I would play whatever on a pvp realm until they release an RP-PVP one… then I would finally be able to play seriously and invest into my character…

Please blizzard, at least give us the reasoning behind this… it’s just not logic for you to say there isn’t a demand when it’s clearly higher than for pure RP realms.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rp-pvp-realms-reconsider-one-realm/130723

3 Likes

Well i think the point was that people will likely be playing alternate server types for beta only. One can only speculate but i know thats my plan.

Pvp affords the opportunity for chaos during a stress test. So judging interests in realm types during the test could yeild very innacurate results

1 Like

23k… that’s the number of respondents. I know it’s still low but it’s what we’ve got. I don’t think blizz will bother making an official one… and anyway, it should give some sort of (not completely accurate) idea about people’s preferences. And it is clear that whilst the vast majority of the playerbase wants to roll on PVP realms, the people who want to roll on RP-PVP are about three times the ones who want a pure RP realm… and Blizz is making one pure RP realm… because, reasons. It would be nice to at least know their logic behind it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSKhcR57Lpsk4YIEWO-u-88xEXoZo2rT6mF9gl27ctRpcOlg/viewanalytics
1 Like

Yup. That’s what I’ve been trying to state as a point, that it’s an accurate gauge on realm type interest. When picking a server to main you have to consider everything, especially the longevity of your enjoyment on that server due to the server specific features, most of which are irrelevant by a stress test that only goes to level 15 and only lasts for 2 days in the first place.

Can you let us know if you plan to have separate Oceanic servers for the Stress Test and more importantly, for the live version of Classic?

We get multiple dozen posts a week about hating on streamers. 5 minutes would probably be worth it for them.

For the stress test RP and PVE are essentially the same.

No, Ion said there would be one RP realm at launch. Yet no RP-PVP ones.

Where? I haven’t seen any specifics except for “at least one RP”.

Will there be dedicated servers for Roleplaying on Classic?

They’re having RP for an available server type for larger regions, but probably not RPPvP as it’s a little to niche. They’ll see how it unfolds.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290806.2/liveblog-of-the-march-21st-q-a-with-ion-hazzikostas

That in no way says “One RP server”. It says that the RP is a server type, just like PVP is a server type and Normal is a server type. That could be 1 or 10 or 50.

I never said they’re having ONLY one realm… I just stated that Ion said that they WILL have an RP realm at launch.

Uh…

I fail to see where I said it would be limited to one

Do I have to quote you again?

I was never questioning that there would be RP realms. That’s a given and we’ve known it. You said there would be one RP realm in the quote I’ve quoted three times now.