Streamers with 226Ilvl and 3k rating in 3s is gating people in 2s 8 hours a day

Right??! LOL

But there really ain’t that many boosters.

1 Like

depends on the bracket and time you queue. 1500-1600 i saw a lot of RBG players hardstuck there. 1700+ i was only able to push out of during prime time. later at night or earlier in the day you get a lot of obvious glad carries. i faced 3 different 2700 enhancement shamans in the span of 5 games as well. unless your telling me a 3k priest in 3s isn’t boosting when he’s playing a 1700 mmr game in 2s.

If he’s playing that low and boosting then obviously the person getting boosted doesn’t deserve to be there so it should be a winnable game.
I’ve faced several glads/r1s in 2s. I win some and I lose some. They are always the more enjoyable games because I know I have to play good. Be aware of my position, actually try to juke kicks. Not just throw out cds because I can.

I’ve ran into Pikaboo myself at least half a dozen times spanning from 1600 to 1900 in 2s. 3k players should not be down here. He’s way better than me, and rightfully so given that it’s his job and he spends all day doing it. To me, it’s an abuse of the matchmaking system. It’s not working as intended.

11 Likes

:woozy_face:

7 Likes

Viewer 2s isn’t boosting though.

I don’t necessarily think it should be a bannable offense but it would be nice to see blizzard implement some system to keep high rated players in their brackets. Other games do this and there are a number of ways it could be achieved. But don’t hold your breath, this is blizzard we’re talking about.

2 Likes

When they play with viewers to help them get rating in 2’s it’s not boosting?

8 Likes

Casually playing just to play with them. I wouldn’t consider it boosting.

Just some innocent viewer games, definitely not getting paid under the table for these carries right? Nah just good people carrying strangers out of the goodness of their heart.

4 Likes

People aren’t casually just playing together for the quality time with each other lol. Streamers try to help viewers hit a milestone like 1400, 1600, 1800, etc. If you are denying that you either don’t watch any streams and aren’t aware or you’re trolling.

With that said I don’t agree Blizzard should try to control who people play with. There’s a reason players want the help to hit these milestones and Blizzard is better off dealing with the root cause (gear discrepancies in PvP).

6 Likes

Welp, like i said earlier. Those are winnable games. Crying about them shows people have settled in for being lazy and not wanting to put the time in.
You’re only as good as your competition.

:confounded: :confounded: crinnnnnge :cold_face: :persevere: :confounded: :confounded: :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :sneezing_face: :sneezing_face: :sneezing_face: :astonished: :astonished:

A lot will just pick people out of their chat to play with and try to help them hit that next gear bump then drop them for the next viewer. It’s a way to generate viewers and get subs, but they aren’t paying the streamer.

Obviously there are paid carries happening as well but that’s not what I’m really talking about. Those are usually done off stream and are long carry sessions and are pre-planned.

boosting and carries are used pretty interchangeably. i know absterge and pikaboo or other streamers aren’t taking gold to play games but they both accomplish the same thing, to carry someone. if you face them every now and then its pretty funny, but to face that on even a semi regular basis becomes incredibly tilting especially with how easy it is to spank 197-213 characters if you’re 227 ilvl.

2 Likes

That’s where learning comes into play.
If wiewer 2s is gate keeping anyone then that person/group is right where they should be.
If you can’t learn from being basicly 1v2’d then there’s part of the problem

queuing 2s with gear should be a bannable offense? tf did I just read

4 Likes

Well now you’re changing the argument which is fine, but I just want to be clear about it. It’s no longer that boosting isn’t prevalent but that you shouldn’t complain about it and just overcome it.

I actually don’t fully disagree with that as that’s the mindset you need to have to accomplish what you want. You can’t wait on Blizzard to change it for you. However most viewer carries aren’t clueless players. They’re watching a high level PvP streamer, learning, and get the edge of having one of the best players with them who also has the best gear. It’s a lot to overcome for people and I understand their complaints about it as I think a lot of people do.

1 Like

a good booster will generally tell their partner what to do and when to do it so it isnt really an actual 1v2 and gear lets you start pulling off nuts stuff like enhance shamans outhealing holy priests (that they outgear of course). and should a healthy ladder let someone with that much gear and that big of a rating lead even compete against someone that much lower skilled and geared? yeah i eventually got better in 2s but it was a pure slog compared to bfa where i played a meme comp nobody else on the ladder was running and got 1800 pretty quickly.