Stratholme first run

Quite a fun dungeon, probably not as hard as Gnomeregan I’d say.

The last fight and the undead gnome are fun and creative fights.

Stuff that is really useful for this dungeon:

Ravage/Devour and Feed abilities
Swarm ability (Chew -> Swarm is killer for knocking out undead pets)
Different frog and crab pets, especially Gulp Froglet

1 Like

How do you get to that dungeon?, I thought all I needed was to talk to the magic guy in Dalaran.

The first time for any of the pet dungeons you grab the quest and then you have to fly over yourself. After you beat it the mana poof will teleport you to it.

1 Like

There is an NPC at the pet battle area in Boralus/Dazar’alor who gives you quests to go to the pet dungeons.

I did it and since it was normal the first time and I could go heal the pets I used 3 s/s rabbits on almost all undead fights. Now I only need to get more rabbits, lol. I know I will have to find different teams, but those 3 rabbits did a good job.

2 Likes

I love this dungeon so much… the fights are so quick. It’s refreshing compared to gnomeragon’s slog fest of watching your damn tree elementals tank 5 minute fights.

5 Likes

ahahaha you made your own bed there mate

Just stuck my toe in for the first time today using Hazel’s guide:

Went smooth and easy until I hit the (occasional ?) World Quest to kill Fras Saibi for the free Cleansed Remains, but I just could not get him down. Tried every strategy I could find (there weren’t many) and had two of the pets under level.

Getting ready to do my for real run, want to figure out strats for the mailman guy in case he pops up. I really want the pet you get for beating him.

All the regular fights were really fun, I liked the Plagued Critters you have to kill 8 in one fight. Worth doing 8 more times to catch `em all.

Malown doesn’t pop up, you have to spawn him by finding a Discarded Letter and then clicking on the Mailbox just past Nefarious Terry in the little alcove to the right of the portcullis.

Plagues Critters can be beaten with a few AoE strats, and as long as the active pet is the last to die you only have to kill 3 of the enemies.

Fras is tricky, for sure, and a fight you need to keep multiple teams on hand in case RNG goes awry.

I’ve discovered I can beat all of plagued critters with one pet- Muckbreath with Consume, Devour and Water Jet.
The other 2 crocs would probably work too.

2 Likes

Thanks. From what I saw on Xu-Fu, the letter may or may not spawn in any of 5 locations. I checked everything pretty close as I defeated groups. Saw no letter.

This.
Infernal Pyreclaw was my choice on the first run and I’ve stuck with it.
Poison the back line and cleave on repeat.
No need to waste your time fighting 8 critters.

2 Likes

oh thats totally cheating! haha

1 Like

Twice, today, I had the letter in hand. Ready to battle the plagued creatures. Both times, I talked to the guy and ported out without thinking. Oiy

1 Like

In my opinion frogs are your best friend in this dungeon. They have natural resistance to undead attacks, many of them have critter moves, swarm and tongue lash.

2 Likes